Where You Live

Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 AM

It sounds like alot of you are perfectly content. Do all of your "significant others" feel the same way??
Old 09-30-2010, 05:03 AM

I have loved every place I've lived for one reason or another, beautiful landscape, proximity to family, energy level... I've been fortunate to live in Michigan, Florida, Las Vegas, SanDiego, and now in Colorado. My husband would perfer the south west, hot and dry, I'm ready to try any time he is.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 AM

v you sound like a "free Spirit" YOu are probably happy in every experience that comes your way - you must have a smile on your face 90% of the time.------am I a little close? ha
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM

I love going to the Flea Market in Sweetwater. Do you go there often?

Originally Posted by Mimito2
I live about 40 miles south of Knoxville. I moved from a nice little house in the suburbs of Atlanta to a double wide in the middle of a pasture field and LOVE it here! We were blessed with finding 17 acres 8 miles from a 4 light town that closes down at dark and some stores still close on Wed afternoons. We even have a "country" store across the road..... Just close enough to family and in-laws are an hour farther north.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:22 AM

I love going down to Chattanooga. Shopping, site seeing. I live in a small town about 75 miles north of you.

Originally Posted by stitchingmemories
As much as I love to travel and could sit for hours and look at the ocean, I can't imagine not living in East Tennessee. I love it here. The thought of not really being able to see the seasons change each year would be unthinkable. That said, I would love to retire a little further east to the Smokies mountains. As much as we love to look at the ocean we love our mountains and can just sit for ages and watch them change over and over.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 AM

We have lived in out little town for 15 years. I am ready to move! Dh and I are planning on moving to Florida next year when our youngest son graduates from high school.

We moved out here from the out skirts of Baltimore so our 3 boys would have a safe place to grow up. It has been awesome for that. The mountains and nature is just gorgeous.

The people, well, lets just say, they aren't to kind to "outsiders". What that means, is that they are ALL related to each other and don't like "city" folk coming out this way. So, I have made a couple of friends but nothing real close.

We have 3 acres of land and a nice sized rancher style home that is going to be too big for us when the kids are grown. Dh is an over the road truck driver and if we don't move, I will be home alone about 5 days a week.

The other down fall to county life is being 45 minutes from EVERYTHING! The nearest stores, like the mall and Wal-Mart are so far to go to. You plan a whole shopping day when you decide to go.

There are NO jobs here either. Unless you are related to someone, you will NOT get a local job. I found that out real quick! LOL

Dh and I are still young, early 40's but we just look forward to moving where it is warm, cheaper taxes and less work to do around the house.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 AM

I've been fortunate enough to live in Singapore, Malaysia, Kenya, Australia and Ascension Island, all work related. We are now retired and as promised, my hubby brought me home to Cheshire in the UK, on the edge of the beautiful Peak District. I just love it, and best still, my daughter hopes to move back here next year!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by angelwatcher
I love where we live, Panhandle of Idaho, across from the big city of Spokane, WA. It's beautiful here with the four seasons. The trees are turning into flaming colors of red, yellow and orange as we speak. We have everything we could possibly need as far as shopping goes, quilt shop in town and many in Spokane. We moved here 21 years ago from So. California and though it's a bit tougher to make a living, we are living just fine!! Less stress and traffic. There's a beautiful lake less than a mile from our home, mountains, golf courses, including one with a floating green, hunting, fishing, snow sports, and hiking. Do I do any of those activities, no!! Neither does DH but love it here anyway!! I just miss lifelong friends and Mom in So. California, but I do get to visit fairly often. If I had the chance to move, I wouldn't, this is the place to be, snow and all!!
We're in Meridian, ID - I LOVE the Panhandle area - we almost moved there a couple of years ago. Love the Bear Paw quilt shop in Cour'd'alene (sp?).
Old 09-30-2010, 06:23 AM

I like where I live, its quiet,I do live alone, with a cat, don't have many friends that visit.but this is my home, and really content.been here in the Raleigh area about 12 years, this is my second time around. but "druthers would be Colorado or Seattle Washington.Lost my heart in Seattle 50 years ago, love the area, mountain, fish market which is a childhood memory. But Seattle was awesome to me "as a child" wonder if it would be the same now? hmmmm, good question.
But here in Raleigh its fine with me, I can travel to Clinton NC which is a small town/community and I can spend a bit of time there, and when I come home, again this is HOME!
As a child, didn't have roots, now I do.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 AM

When I was a kid we were like gypsies, always on the move, state to state, even a few different countries. By the time I graduated from the 12th grade I had been in 17 different schools. My kids had it a little better, we were pretty poor though and had to move from house to house but I stayed pretty much in same geo-area so the kids could be close to their grandparents. We lived in Western Colorado and I just hated the climate and the view. I did not know how it felt to have a home place until I moved here over twenty years ago and found this little house by the forest. Now I am like an oak tree with deep roots. I want to be here forever. I get up every morning and look east to the hills and marvel at the beauty of it all. I go out and stargaze on a clear night and my heart is full. If you took everything I have and I had nothing left but this piece of earth to live on, I would still be content.