Where You Live

Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM

I hate it here in Oregon...have from the get-go, but this is where my job is, so I stay...for now.

I want so badly to move to the Ozarks...went thru there several times when we were trucking, and I loved it! I know it has disadvantages just like anywhere you live, but that's where I want to be! I think it's so pretty there...and a lot more laid back....
Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Is it really rainy in Oregon? Cold? ---trade ya homes!

Originally Posted by Charlee
I hate it here in Oregon...have from the get-go, but this is where my job is, so I stay...for now.

I want so badly to move to the Ozarks...went thru there several times when we were trucking, and I loved it! I know it has disadvantages just like anywhere you live, but that's where I want to be! I think it's so pretty there...and a lot more laid back....
Old 09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Banned

I moved to Ohio form Long Island I hate it here. I hope one day I will move. At this point in time I would rather live in a cardboard box under the Brooklyn Bridge then live where I am. Honestly I would LOVE to be on a large piece of property and have a HUGE garden to can veggies and chickens for fresh eggs.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I don't love where I live. I grew up in the trees and mountains.
How did I end up in the middle of a wheatfield. I don't dust my house I dedirt it. All the time. Its just dirty country here.
When I get back to the trees I wanna get out and hug all of them. :?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

I love the four seasons here, hate the hot, humid summers. I would have loved to be a gypsy and just in a place several months or years then move on. The only problem is, Hubby wouldn't leave this area for anything and I married him almost 49 yrs. ago. Guess I'm stuck here, I would love to live in Vermont or Ct. I would have to remember how to spell it if I moved there. I'm having a brain fog and can't remember.
Guess I'll stay here.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:21 PM

I'm originally from Los Angeles. My English husband missed the country and always wanted to live in Oregon so we moved to our small, country town. At first, I HATED it. I cried almost everyday because I wanted to go home. I remember overhearing some ladies talk about the best way to skin an elk and I was absolutely horrified! But this November will be 5 years and I have learned a LOT from living here. I can my own foods now, have a garden every year, I know how to knit, sew, and quilt, and I have even learned how to pluck a duck. I am mush wiser because of living in the country and I don't ever want to live in another city again. I DO want to move from Klamath Falls, but when we do we'll be moving closer to Eugene but still in the country. I'm just tired of having winter for 6 months out of the year. lol
Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM

I hate where I live. We had to move here when we rotated back to the US from Europe because of my husband's health problems. I left behind a great job, beautiful home, and many wonderful friends. This area is hot, muggy and the city of Memphis is full of crime. Glad I don't live in the city, only have to go there to work. We live in a small town outside the city, and our home is nice enough, and we do have good neighbors. However, since my husband had to retire out on disability it has been a struggle for us to make ends meet.
:cry: But that's why I love all you guys, everyone here is great. It raises my spirits just knowing there is a great group out there to talk to any time I want to.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 PM

By reading all of the comments, it is difficult to determine where the actual BEST place to live is...One would have to think about - CRIME
EMPLOYMENT
Medical Care/Hospitals
Transportation
Shopping - even Grocery Stores
Prices of Realestate
What did I leave out?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM

I live about 40 miles south of Knoxville. I moved from a nice little house in the suburbs of Atlanta to a double wide in the middle of a pasture field and LOVE it here! We were blessed with finding 17 acres 8 miles from a 4 light town that closes down at dark and some stores still close on Wed afternoons. We even have a "country" store across the road..... Just close enough to family and in-laws are an hour farther north.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM

I love, love, love where we live. We just moved here 2yrs. ago from Ill, 50 miles so. of Chg.in the country.Liked it there but our taxes were so high. Left 3 children, 7 grands there. Came here to Mo. & we built our dream home on 60 acres, 11 mile from town. You can't see our house ffrom the road & that pleases me. We built a very rustic log home & I have a beautiful quilt room in walk out basement. I now have my Mom & sister ( she has always lived with my parents ) living with us. mom had a stroke. It is alot different having someone else live with us now. Our nest has been empty for almost 20 yrs. We do have a DD & 2 grands here. Also have DD & 2 gc in Ohio & ds & 5 gc in Ky. Love our farm with my chickens, donkeys, goose & hubbies herd of cattle. We are curently bottle feeding a calf that Mom has no milk. It is so much fun. So glad we decided to come here. Would recommend this type living for any one with high blood pressure. Sure don't know why we waited so long to move. Donna, The Rustic Quilter