Banned

qn4e - I purchase my Floriani thread from my dealer where i purchased
my machines from. They almost ALWAYS have some kind of special/sale
running. Which helps with the price.

Right now in their sales flyer they have a special where you buy 2 spools
of Floriani poly thread get the third free (limit 4 free per customer). But
I am also a member of their "Sew Fun Club" which is annual membership
they have free classes, and such plus with SFC when they DON'T have a sale
on threads and such I get 20% off each item I purchase that is NOT on sale.

When I purchased my newest machine I also bought the 100 spool of Floriani
thread, and since I pretty much already had about 1/3 of the colors in the set
they let me them in and exchange for colors I didn't have.

I LOVE my local dealer, and there is one particular sales lady that I make sure
she is working when I make bigger purchases because she has ALWAYS gone
out of her way (more than the others) to help me and since they get paid a
commission on the bigger purchases I have her to help me so she can get the
sales commission.

I also get my Floriani stabilizers there and my mega "commercial" roll of Wet n Gone
that you liked drooling over (just kidding).

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
I concur with Quilty-Louise, I love the Floriani poly thread. Did a lace angel and it came out beautiful! Though the thread is pricey I wouldn't mind buying it. My local lqs store does carry them and I even got an email that they come in 60 color packs but don't know the price. Quilty-Louise where do you purchase your Floriani threads? at a local lqs or online? AND How's the sewing room coming along (I know its two different threads but haven't had time to locate them).

I do agree that choosing a stabilizer is a bit tricky but with time once you know the fabric type you are using it may not be as difficult.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 AM

Quilty-Louise, drooling over the wet-n-gone? Me? NEVER! I love that stuff! I have an lqs near my job but since I get out at 5 they close at 5. I only work 1/2 day today and they are the only lqs in which I bought one machine from that sell Floriani threads and stabilizer so I may go today. Did you also see that they came out with the 30 thread holder (two packs to hold a total of 60 threads). When I get home I'll take a photo of the free standing lace angel I did with the Floriani thread!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 AM

Any body have an older machine embroidery that does not have the USB port and have to use the cards. What reader/writer box do you use? Amazon has the "Little Box" for a reasonable price. I have a Husqvarna Iris, great machine. I am looking for a reader/writer box. I would like to download designs from the internet. Any help would be great.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 AM

On a previous post, someone had written about their machine with a thread cutter and difficulties with it cutting the threads too short. I have a Brother 6000D with a thread cutter and love it. The machine gives me the option of the length of cut which is awesome. I always leave it at the original setting of 0.5 but can change it if I want. While I don't remember what type machine the poster has, it is worth taking the time to explore the options and see if you too can change the length of the cut.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Banned

qn4e - If you have any plans for building up the amount of embroidery thread
you have (me I plan to eventually have ALL the Floriani colors) I would HIGHLY
recommend you getting the metal drawer from Ikea, they cost $40 each and are
the PERFECT interior height for holding the spools. PLUS each drawer can hold
40 spools. The drawers come in 3 colors silver, white & red.

I have 2 silver and 1 red and hope to get at least 3 more someday. Below is acouple
pictures of my cabinets. I only have the pieces of paper to "label" the number range
in each drawer. Once I have ALL the colors I will pull out my trust (and MUCH used)label
maker and make labels for the drawers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407544[/ATTACH]

These are the drawers I have from
IKEA.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2451.jpg   dscn2450.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM

Louise, those are very nice and not expensive like the ones from Floriani. The only thing is nearest Ikea from me is in Tampa over 2.5 hrs away But on a good note I went to my lqs in Naples and they carry Floriani threads at 4.19 a spool. They also had thread sets, #1, #2 ov 100 threads for $279.99 and the new 60 threads for $179.00. After speaking with the shop owner she pointed out that buying these sets would be a great saver in price. For the 100 threads each spool would cost $2.79 ea. compared to $4.20 at the store. I am not able at this time to splurge but its tempting! One lady outright bought the 100 set! Ca-ching! Maybe when my car is paid off this year I may take that plunge! But love those metal cabinets and you can really put a lot of them nicely in there.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM

If there is a floriani workshop anywhere in the area it is worth the cost. Lots of info and really good deals on thread and stabilizer. I have been to two and would go again.just for the discounts!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Banned

I would LOVE to take the Floriani workshops. Sadly though every
time I have seen them here in CO it just wasn't at a time when I
could travel to Fort Collins or Greeley.

I am hoping someday that there will be a workshop closer to Denver
so that I can attend.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 AM

I missed a great opportunity to go to one of the their workshops for embroidery. The cost was only $30 with over $500 worth of free stuff. I hoping like you do that they'll come by again and I am definitely going!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by LoriJ View Post
I have a Janome 350E, just got it last October and haven't dont a whole lot on it yet. I just finished a hummingbird quilt that's on another thread. My DH got me magnahoops for Christmas, so now I can try to put something on the pashima scarves I found. I'm still looking around to see what editing software I want to use.
I also have the Janome 350E and have been debating gett5ing the magnahoop. Happy to hear it works with our machine! I have no local dealer so all my purchases have to be online. Sometimes I am a little uneasy without actually talking to to someone. ha ha ! I guess I'm a "touchy-feely" type of shopper! DH can't understand how I cna spends hours in a quilt shop and come out empty handed! He just doesn't understand the expereince these hands have just had!