Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
New Brother  Luminaire Innov-ís XP1 >

New Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1

New Brother Luminaire Innov-ís XP1

Old 08-18-2018, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

I have reserved my spot at the local dealer to see a demo class of this machine. I like to keep up with what is new in sewing machine features. I would never buy the first run of any new machine though. Too many bugs not known that can show up. In the Facebook video of this machine there were problems with the touch control. Also the maint fee for a check up for this machine is more then the cost of my new Eversewn Sparrow 30 that I love! . LOL
Old 04-05-2019, 03:30 AM

I am currently attending an event where we are using this machine and it is a beauty! It is an embroidery event so that is our focus and it is soo easy to navigate and understand. (I am still struggling with embroidery on my Bernina)
But the shop doing the event really focuses on education and getting the most from your machine so that helps!
I dont see one in my future but it is soooo nice.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:37 AM

If I was into embroidery as much as I'm into quilting, I'd have no problem getting a machine like this - its less expensive than my LA. But right now I'm only interested in embroidery to enhance making quilts.

My sewing machine dealer has had no trouble selling them - I know he's not asking anywhere near the "asking price" that is listed for them, but that is normal. Sort of like window shades - everyone sells them at 50-60% off retail.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM

When this machine came out, Ruthies in Baker, FL had an all day demo on it. It does everything but tap dance across the floor. A fascinating machine. I had two friends purchase it but they both love the embroidery features. I personally would go for a long arm before this one.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:43 AM

My class is over and I did enjoy using this machine! For the embroidery. It was easy to navigate and so beautiful . I struggled with sewing on it. Has a laser light and it is mesmerizing, following the red line. but you still have to feed the fabric in and guide it and I found myself veering way off the 1/4”! Our special pricing was about 16k for the set up, which was a great deal. But alas, I am a Bernina gal! And struggling with my existing embroidery features! Hard pass!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Banned

The only way I would spend that much money on a sewing machine would be if it did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed for me. When I got my inheritance I had to step back and think hard about how I would spend it. I thought about a whiz bang sewing machine, but decided in the end that I love the ones I already have. I decided to buy the embroidery machine I had been drooling over and a long arm. Those two things were what I knew I would be missing when the money was gone if I didn't get them while I could.

Cari
Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 PM
cif

Got mine new two months ago, used to hate sewing but love the presents I'm producing, easy to learn and easy for my disabilities to use, I don't do anything halfway, so it has everything including multifunctional cabinet, Go cutter and several dies, tons of fabric and patterns. Long story, but it was suppose to be a gift from spouse and now I have to pay for it, I'm an outdoors person, not a person behind a sewing machine. It has only made one baby quilt and one lunch box quilt mutts quilt. Total in machine, cabinet, all the bells, tons of software/patterns/fabric/thread, at this point a person would not need to buy a single thing I can think of.

Last edited by patricej; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 AM. Reason: removed attempt to sell
Old 07-10-2019, 04:47 AM

I am attending a class on this machine on Saturday. I wasn't planning on going but the dealer called me up and talked me into going. They had two open spots and really wanted to fill them, and they know I'm interested. And it sounds like many of the features are the same as the machine I bought last year so I should be able to learn some things.

Will be interesting to what type of "deal" the dealer may be willing to offer . . . this is the place I've several machines from including my LA, and my current embroidery machine I've had less than two years.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:02 AM

Macy,

Have fun at the class event. It's always good to learn new tips. The new models come in the next few weeks and it will be interesting to see changes or new features on the machines.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM

I enjoyed the class and learned a few things. The main thing this machine does that my current one does not do is project the image on the fabric to help with placement. It's a small projection, about 2"x3", so often it's only going t show a portion of the design, but does help if you really need to know exactly where it's going to be stitching.

The part I did not care for, was that the project had a lot of "learn to quilt with your embroidery machine" emphsis. Since I have the LA - figuring out how to quilt in the hoop is not of interest. The instructor started the class with "if you are not a quilter now, you will be at the end of the class". It did seem to be a class to help people that only knew about Machine Embroidery get comfortable using the machine for sewing and quilting. My "partner" at teh machine knew a lot more about embroidery than I did, but knew near to nothing about sewing. So I ended up helping her a lot during the class.

I wast excited about what the instructor showed using using the Brother Scan-n-cut for applique with the embroidery machine. That is probably the most useful thing I learned!

The dealer was offering quite a package deal, with case and design software and other added items, however it was in the five digits plus my current machine - and that is way more than I'd spend to get the few added features. Plus I have no interest in the Disney stuff that is exclusive to the Brother machines. In fact, if I bought the machine, the first thing I'd do is put a sticker of the Disney logo on the front. I'm not a Disney fan . . .

I do want to get a good digitizing software program, and have signed up for the Floriani class in September. I talked to a few people that bought it and they said they really like it.