Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone get the Quilty Box? >

Anyone get the Quilty Box?

Anyone get the Quilty Box?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kelsunshine View Post
Beware - When I clicked on this link this is what came up on my screen instead of a website
www.quiltersstashbox.com.
PRIVACY ERROR
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from quiltersstashbox.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards)

Has anyone else gotten this?
Chrome browser would not let me open the link without a fight, said it was unsafe. I guess the website owners don't know this? I wonder why store owners don't open their own website as a customer instead of the owner log in.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I started a thread on it last year and got some good ideas:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t252016.html

It's self supporting... whatever I collect this month can be spent on prizes for next month.

LOL. I remember that. It was one of several ideas I presented to my guild last year and lo and behold the older members shot it down. A few of the most negative ones aren't able to come to guild anymore so maybe I can re introduce the idea.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
LOL. I remember that. It was one of several ideas I presented to my guild last year and lo and behold the older members shot it down. A few of the most negative ones aren't able to come to guild anymore so maybe I can re introduce the idea.
I can't imagine why anyone would object. If members donated items for the first raffle, it would cost the guild nothing. If the prizes appealed to someone, they could buy a raffle ticket. There is no pressure to buy a ticket. It's not meant for fundraising. It's just something fun to do. Our guild loves it. Getting to buy the prizes is a lot of fun too!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:58 AM

Thank you for the info but it sounds a little bit expensive to me after reading the other posts here.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:59 PM

I don't do this, but I have a monthly subscription for Kona solid fat quarters from an online quilt shop I like. It's 10.99+tax a month and includes the shipping. They have a store I can visit near York University too.
http://store.sew-sisters.com/stores_...3&Item_ID=7098
Old 07-25-2015, 07:04 PM

i'm a pretty traditional quilter so all the s"stuff" that lines the walls of my lqs is just noise to me.

i have a rotary cutter, a mat, a ruler...pencils, thread, pins...you know.

and i am picky like nutz about my fabrics. maybe if it was monthly chocolate....

curated chocolate. yes.

aileen
Old 07-25-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Chrome browser would not let me open the link without a fight, said it was unsafe. I guess the website owners don't know this? I wonder why store owners don't open their own website as a customer instead of the owner log in.
As a web developer this is a pet peeve of mine. There are now so many different combinations of browsers and computers that use them, especially when you include mobile devices, that it is difficult to develop for all platforms and have it work 100% of the time. This site works perfectly for me using Chrome with McAfee Site Advisor.

Sadly, a lot of store owners wouldn't even know what you were saying when you suggested they open their site as a customer. They don't even get that they don't get it.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:29 PM

I just received my second Quilty Box. I signed up after watching the videos, and thought this would Challenge me to get out of my normal routine. I am a traditional quilter, but need to expand to new things. There are not a lot of places for me to shop here, so new things are a treat for me. The boxes may be a little pricey, but I do enjoy looking forward to the next month. I sure would like a quilting buddy to compare our projects each month.