Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager? >

Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager?

Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 AM

Boy that manager must of never heard of customer service.
Don't let it go because if she treats you that way she will treat everyone that way so you will be helping other if you let them know. Also it would be better to give you the discount and let it go than to lose you as a customer forever. You know sometimes you have to bend a little to keep your customers happy and 20$ would not put Hancock's out of business I am sure. PLEASE contact a District Manger and let them know about this incident.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

You need to contact corporate and complain as they need to know how the manager is treating customers. After all without customers they would have no business. Please keep us posted and let us know. You should call and talk to a real person and complain.

Karen
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
What ever happened to the 'good ole' days'? My LQS is the rude one. Maybe rude isn't the right word, but I will go 10 miles out of my way to shop elsewhere because each time I've been in the LQS they treat me like nothing. I guess I don't look like one of their regular quilters. I don't attend any classes, nor am a member of a local guild due to work schedule. They act like a clique.
I agree with you on this one, I went to one of the LQS around here and when I was there they looked at me like I was a dip wad for even coming into the place. I guess since I am a guy I dont know what I am doing.

The lady (owner) asked me if I was shopping for my wife and I told her no that I was starting to learn how to quilt and was needing a few things. She offered some courses and I declined at the time because of a few projects I had going on. Then she start quizzing me about what machine I was going to use and when she found out that I was using a 100yo treadle she told me "Good luck with that" in a snippy attitude.

After about 15 minutes of her attitude and I just told her she didnt need any of my money and walked out.

Billy
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 AM

Take your coupon to Joanns.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:56 AM

I HAD MORE THAN ONE AT JOANN'S. I PURCHASE SEVERAL
ITEMS THAT WERE ON SALE. WHEN I GOT TO THE REGISTER THEY CHARGED ME FULL PRICE. I WAS TOLD THE SALE ON FONS AND PORTER WAS ON SELECTED ITEMS. THE SALE SIGNS ON THE PLASTIC STORAGE CONTAINERS WAS JUST FOR "REFERENCE ONLY". AFTER SPENDING JUST ON LINE
AND ASKING THE CASHIER FOR A REFUND 45 MINUTES. WHEN
I COMPLAINT TO SERVICE DEPT. THEY DID NOT HAVE A MANAGER ON THE FACILITY AND SOMEBODY WOULD CALL ME LATER. HE TOLD ME "IT HAPPENED AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT". THE ITEMS I WAS TOLD WERE ON SALE AT
THE STORE AND IN THE INTERNET. I WOULD CHECK MY RECEIPTS WHEN YOU SHOP AT JOANNS.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:43 AM

That really disgusts me. I work with people all day. They are not all pleasant but I still give them curtesy. I'm glad you reported her. She should be reprimanded.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience with Hancocks. Please come to the store I work at and I guarantee that we will treat you right...at least when I'm working!! I recently had a customer tell me that she had the most fun at a fabric store, when I was working. I like to make the customers laugh and have a good time. If something is on sale, I just verifiy it and give them the discount. Come on down to Midwest City, OK and I'll be glad to help you. You can't miss me, I have the lovely SILVER hair and big smile.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

Well, for all the bad service we all get, you will be happy to know that my co-workers and I do our best to be friendly and helpful to all our customers. We are truly interested in what they need, what they are making and offer suggestions or work with them on problems they may be having with projects quilting and sewing and crafts. I work at a local Walmart that fortunately still sells fabrics and we have been told that we are keeping ours even when they do the remodel this year. I sure hope so --- I like working in that department. I know the fabrics are not the best quality, but for most of our customers it is what htey are looking for and hate going to other fabric stores in the area bc of the price and service. We have a couple LQS as well as a Hancock store.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM

i have been to our Hancock store maybe 5 times and everytime there is someone working there that is rude or they act like they dont have time to help you with anything because they are stocking or straighting up a shelf that is why i go to Jo ann fabrics the people there are super nice and greet you the minute i come in the door
im beginning to think hancocks doesnt care who works there as long as someone is there from open to close
Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by bob1414
I believe in "you get what you pay for". This is only my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree, but I feel that the stores that sell the higher quality merchandise have better staffed stores. It seems that way to me. I want shopping to be enjoyable and I will pay a little more to end up with better quality merchandise and a better shopping experience. I realize that everyone cannot do this and right now my finances don't allow me to shop AT ALL, but I'll just go without right now instead of lowering my standards. Take notice of how staff treats you in a local quilt shop - hopefully you are treated better!!
I agree, you get what you pay for. Sadly, there are many of us who simply cannot afford the prices of our LQS. If I could only buy fabric for $9 a yard, I would have very little fabric at all. Maybe if the LQSs had coupons like Hancocks or Joanns more people would shop there. Just a thought.

Billy - you would NOT have problems at any of my LQSs! We've got several men who quilt and all the ladies just love seeing a man walk into their shop. Trust me, here you would get fawned over and made a big deal of, then talked about to all the other customers and their friends about how wonderful it is that more men are quilting nowadays. ;)

Honestly, I don't think it is any one store in particular that can claim the fame of rudeness. Customer service seems to be going the way of the dinosaur at ALL businesses. There are those who are still wonderful and give great service, but they are now the exception and not the rule. Remember when it used to be that the 'Customer is Always Right?' Try convincing someone in business of that now and you'll end up with a headache and likely a bad taste in your mouth from arguing. :roll:

jljack: Did you ever get a response back from Corporate?