Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: ARRRGGGGHHHH> Ebay lesson learned

On eBay there is a thing called "Sniper" that puts in the next higher bid automatically. This is quite common. You should always put the highest dollar amount that you are willing to pay when you bid. That way, if you lose, it will be because the price went too high and not because someone else was sitting there waiting for the auction to end.

try amazon.com for the books/magazines you're looking for :)

That seems to be the way it happens, I don't know how many times that has occurred to me, yes very frustrating.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    For the last week I was the only one bidding on two Mark Lipinski Quilting HOme Mags. Then last night as I watched the countdown.....it went to "0" then I got notes saying I did not win. Someone snuck in at the last second and overbid me by 25 cents. I even had high bids I would go to. I was soooooo..
    disappointed. I discovered his mags late and only have 5. Since he left QH I am on a quest to buy whatever I can find. Lesson learned....I can't believe someone did that. I might have to consider it too. I sat here 2 hours waiting ofr other bids so I could go up. I have only bid on Ebay about 20 times. Oh well.
    I have some, but I to got them late. I think I have the years before he left.
    Send me a pm if you would like me to check if I have ones you don't have.

Thats the way it goes with Ebay......I always put a proxy bid in for the highest I want to go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4