Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20 >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 AM

Ashlett, did you order from Fabric Shack in Ohio. I have been there several times it is an awesome store. They have a pretty good clearance section. It is about an hour drive for me.
I plan on making one of my paper pieced stars today then I need to get back to my baby quilt. It is half way marked to quilt, so I need to finish that and layer and quilt it, and bind it. The shower is next Saturday. I need to get off the computer, throw a load of laundry in, eat breakfast and get to my sewing. OOOOH! fun
Old 05-20-2012, 04:18 AM

My goal for today - quilt the top on my machine - I have five other projects to do for customers before I lay my head down tuesday night and this is the biggest and the one I least want to do. It just doesn't trip my trigger. I will take off at 11:30 to go to a plant sale. My yard is nearly naked and needs that sale desperately. Can't have a naked yard, what will the neighbors say? I'm planning to take Tuesday off from quilting to make my DH the best birthday ever so this is going to be quite a hard few days. I hope puttting the goals in writing will help. Good luck to all of you on your goals.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 AM

My goal is to cut out the sashing strips for my "Tavern Blues" quilt before leaving for 9:00 church. The patterened strips have to be cut individually. The goal for the remainder of the day is to complete 6 blocks. I so enjoy being a part of virtual quilting!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:48 AM

I have a lap quilt in the machine that I began FMQing yesterday........and I picked up a quilt from the LAQ yesterday that is going to my oldest DGD. She loves every quilt I make! My time will mostly be spent hand stitching the binding. I will be thinking of all my 'friends' who are quilting with me!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 AM

first I have to clean the kittens messes, then I have to help DH in the shed, then I have to clean the big cat messes, by then I will have to go to town to the Dr to get my results of the cat scan, then in the afternoon I may have time to finish a baby quilt. I have freemotioned flowers on all the squares and tried my hand at freemotion sixes on all the borders then tried my hand at feathers on the outside borders, it is a practice piece, so hopefuly I can do the binding tomorrow,
I have a little friend that is having a hard time of it so I may give it to her as a lap quilt, at least she wont mind the practice meandering, the wire has broken on my qbot and i have to get another then maybe I can start practicing on that again.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:15 AM

I've got the measurements straightened out and all the pieces cut. Its plain why I put it away. The basket handles are pieced, just strips at right angles but its hard to get them to hit the same on the basket, which is half square triangles. Oh well, going to just accept the variations and get this top together. Still not sure what size, plain squares between them or sashing? Oh the fun of figuring it out.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 AM

I didn't get my queen sized quilt pinned. I do have a couple of smaller quilts ready to go and I have been making pot holders using my orphan blocks. I want to make a few more of those. Maybe start pinning the queen this evening. I do have a shopping trip planned with DH later this afternoon.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:36 AM

Good morning everyone! Boy, I slept in this morning; it is 8:30 here and just having my first cup of coffee. I had planned on appliqueing 23 blocks for a quilt I am working on. Spent all day yesterday ironing on the remaining pieces and then sat down to go ahead and start. My machine would not do a zig zag stitch for anything. So, spent the remainder of the day hopefully fixing the problem. So, if my machine will sew today...that is my goal. If not, I have another quilt in mind that will need to be cut out. Still need a few more cups of coffee though. LOL.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 AM

I finished quilting my brown and turquoise quilt yesterday afternoon and cut some pieces for my binding. I just finished ironing my binding and taking a picture. Going now to start sewing it on. Have fun everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 555-053.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 05:46 AM

Already did some yard work and walked a few miles. My quilting goal today is to start on a few double sawtooth star blocks for my Shakespeare in the Park quilt. I already did the snails trail block quite some time ago. I've just been stalling.