Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    ..........I can't the pictures to add this time for some reason, will try later. I'm going to go take a Yankees/Reds break for a while!
    Go REDS!!!

my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

The breaks are getting closer together. The Braves are playing Tampa so gotta keep track of that. Bread is baking and chicken in the oven with it, gonna call that supper. I for sure would be stopping about now if not for this so back to sewing on the sides, then the bottom triangles. I can see now this was intended to use up scraps of white so there are different shades and whites are getting scarce in the scrap bin.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

I got close with the pictures, got an error message. Went to go advance, manage attachments, upload screen, but it doesn't say why it failed, size I suspect but no idea what to do about that. Baffled but will try another day. Back to sewing.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    well, the cupcakes are done. this is two of them and i have 6 total all finished. yes i know they need ironing but dont feel like it yet, will wait till all little things are done then iron them all together. here they are anyway. Next tissue holders.
    Attachment 336581
    Your cupcakes are adorable! I just love all types of applique patterns.
    Brenda

1st goal reached. Except the tendrils. I am not sure how I will do them. No special stitchs on my machine. If anyone has a good idea lets hear it. I have June's instructions left to get. I would say it was just a border but I have two halve stars left. Hmmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to say that I am now going to just do some odds and ends while I watch the SOX, CUBS game. GO SOX!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I finished another block and took time to cut out all of the backing tear away interfacing for each remaining block. Seemed easier than doing one at a time. Accomplishing more than I imagined I would. But my back is killing me, so it is time to lie down, watch a movie and let it relax. Then see what you all have accomplished.

You are all doing fabulous! It is amazing how seeing what others are doing really does motivate! This is a fantastic idea and I will definetely be joining in on any future quilt alongs.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    This is fabulous! I love the pattern. As for the tendrils...have you ever tried Free Motion Machine Embroidery? It is fairly easy and only requires a straight stitch or a zig zag stitch. FMME is the method I am using to satin stitch my applique blocks, then later I will add something more. Just not sure what yet.
    Brenda

Wow! Lots of accomplishments! Love the photos posted so far.
    My goal was to work on baby quilt number one and make cubes, alas, indecision about colors and had to wait until the mom looks at photos, but started quilt for baby number 2, all cut now, sashing sewed to animal blocks and pinwheel blocks almost done. Not sure if I'll do any more sewing today, but I am happy with where I got..I am off work on Tuesday and hoping to put the quilt together when I get back from the barn.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    Taking a break to let the quilt batting dry. I scratched my wrist and bled on the batting, so I had to spot clean it. Thank goodness it wasn't the white panel with appliqued flowers.

Any good ideas on how to quilt 9 patches? the snowball blocks want a simple flower, but the nine patches aren't speaking to me. They are 7" blocks. The red strips want an line 1/4" inside the seam - I am not SITD long seams with red on one side and white on the other. The applique wants to be echo quilted, but what do the nine patches want?

I agree about the free motion embroidery. I had fun thread painting my son's wildlife quilt. Draw the tendrils lightly, outline and then just fill them in with a pretty thread like a shiny rayon or poly.

Blog Entries
    So far one of the dark dog wallhangings is ready for binding and the second just needs SID on the two borders. Time to sit in front of the TV (back aching) and hand sew the binding on the Winter Waterfall. Lots of progress.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Love it!!! Great color choices

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    1st goal reached. Except the tendrils. I am not sure how I will do them. No special stitchs on my machine. If anyone has a good idea lets hear it. I have June's instructions left to get. I would say it was just a border but I have two halve stars left. Hmmmm.

I'm finally home from work. I'm going to finish piecing the backing for my friend's 70th birthday. Top is done. Then I'll see if DD will sandwich it for me, so I can start quilting. Thank goodness for quilting daughters. It's much easier for her to crawl around on the floor than for me to do. Gotta get sewing now.

Will check in with you all later.

A little more than halfd way thru piecing blocks for the grandsons quilt...now not sure if I have enough of the sashing fabric I want to use..Will check when I get the blocks done...Hopingf I have enough, so I can put the top together tonight..If not I guess it will have to be after doc visits tomorrow, when I can get more fabric

I didn't know if I would be able to join you all today as there were many things on my plate already. I asked my neighbor to help me get my lawn mower running - and he mowed the lawn for me instead! That was way easier than I expected. So here is what I am working on.
    - Little quilt that reminds me of the ocean. I need to quilt the border and had to work out a plan. Done! Well, the drawing part anyway.
    - and.... I decided to make a mini double wedding ring. I don't do curves. Decided to try it anyway. These are kinda little (4 rings across and down will finish out to about 18"). I've challenged myself to machine piece it and we'll see how that goes

I love the stitching in the blue quilt..Was this done by hand or machine?? I want to do a wedding ring one day, but first have to learn to paper piece I guess.. Nice work!! Now break is over and back to work for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47 View Post
    I didn't know if I would be able to join you all today as there were many things on my plate already. I asked my neighbor to help me get my lawn mower running - and he mowed the lawn for me instead! That was way easier than I expected. So here is what I am working on.
    - Little quilt that reminds me of the ocean. I need to quilt the border and had to work out a plan. Done! Well, the drawing part anyway.
    - and.... I decided to make a mini double wedding ring. I don't do curves. Decided to try it anyway. These are kinda little (4 rings across and down will finish out to about 18"). I've challenged myself to machine piece it and we'll see how that goes

Blog Entries
    tissue holders done. first attempt at making these and ties are a little off center but thats okay, it adds character. now off to complete goal #3, dinner then onto binding my nyb. love everything everyone has done so far.
    Name:  DSC02333.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  120.6 KB

Blog Entries
    DH's wallhanging is done. Today was a good day for easy. I am starting a tablerunner now.

Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    Name:  teapot sb 009.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  288.1 KBName:  teapot sb 010.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  289.6 KBName:  teapot sb 006.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  299.7 KBTeapot quilted and waiting for binding!

Name:  teapot sb 008.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  273.6 KB
    Last edited by ube quilting; 05-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Great teapots!! I just did some tree tops and worked some on a mystery quilt that I have been doing as leaders and enders and now I am quitting for today but I will keep checking in to see how everyone is doing. And thanks for the suggestions for my tendrils. Think I will try to do that when I quilt it.

Blog Entries
    So much done by everyone. I layered the baby quilt. Still not in the mood to FMQ, so not working on that. I am working on my 50 paper pieced stars blocks. I thought I was 4 behind, nope I am 7 behind. I have one half way finished. I have done 5 loads of laundry, straightened up the living room. Planted flowers and ran to the store. I made a pie, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries and rhubarb. Now I am on break making dinner. I decided I needed to grill steaks. It is a steak kind of day. Grilling steaks, baked potatoes and broccoli.

I'm just joining in! Church this morning, lunch with oldest DD, home for a long nap. (didn't sleep well at all last night!)

My goal is to get 12 covered buttons made and sewed onto a small wall hanging. I won't be able to post a photo because the camera is on an airplane somewhere between Nairobi and London. DH is on his way home from a pastor's conference he conducted in Kenya this week.

I can see why you are behind on your stars. Good Grief. But I will forgive you if you just invite me to dinner. Sounds absolutely yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    So much done by everyone. I layered the baby quilt. Still not in the mood to FMQ, so not working on that. I am working on my 50 paper pieced stars blocks. I thought I was 4 behind, nope I am 7 behind. I have one half way finished. I have done 5 loads of laundry, straightened up the living room. Planted flowers and ran to the store. I made a pie, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries and rhubarb. Now I am on break making dinner. I decided I needed to grill steaks. It is a steak kind of day. Grilling steaks, baked potatoes and broccoli.

Blog Entries
    Well it has been a good day of quilting. Sad part is having to end. Loved everyones work today and look forward to seeing finished work. So long for now.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I started working on sewing machine caddy-Christmas present for my mother but the sewing room is getting too warm for my liking so guess I'll stop for the night and do some other stuff. I've really enjoyed today.
    Heather

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast