Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Pictures of the Sweet Treat bag. The pattern was included with the Moda honeybuns. To me it looks more like a small clasp bag than something I would carry snacks in. It would probably work for that though. And I was rooting for the Yankees as I'm originally from NYS!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heather

It's late, but can I join in now? I've been sewing all day, in between gardening and enjoying the sunshine on this lovely long weekend. I finished the border on my star quilt, and so far have made really good progress on the border for a quilt for my son.

Goals for the rest of today (I figure I have about 4 hours left of quilting time today):
    1. finish son's quilt (3 more borders to go)
    2. catch up on my Dancing with the Stars blocks
    3. piece 2 quilt backs (this one is probably not going to happen, but it's on the wish list anyway

Name:  P5190032.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  1.16 MB

Love your bag Raggimom but the Yankees? POOOH POOH. LOL.

PokerDiva--that's what I said after Sabathia gave us the 2 home runs and then walked in the go ahead run!

I'm so amazed by all everyone got accomplished today and have really enjoyed seeing the various pictures.
    Heather

Wonderful quilt Krista. Great border. When are we going to have another of these quilt days. Love them.

I have enjoyed looking at all that was accomplished today and wish I could have been here much earlier!

I have 7 of the 12 covered buttons made. These 1/2" diameter ones are MUCH more difficult than the 1 1/2" ones I made yesterday! Wow.

What a great day. It has been deliciously cool and breezy, then a light rain. I have finished 23 red and white basket blocks. What started out as a bag of scraps is now ready to be set together. The living room is a mess and I've got to get that cleaned up cause the whole family will be here in 24 hours.

Seeing and hearing about everyone's work has been a treat all day. Now I've got to sign off till maybe later. Thank you Rachel for getting this going and I can't wait till we do it again.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

I exceeded my second goal of completing 6 blocks. I finished 11 blocks! I was able to finish cutting out the sashing strips also. By 3:00, I was tired of quilting and had finished only 3 blocks so. as I worked, I played Jenny Doan's video on making the "Tavern Blues" quilt. Jenny inspired me and seeing her make the quilt made me want to reach my goal. Thanks so much for the virtual quilting day. Until today, I was completing 2 blocks a day.

I haven't gotten much done today. I did plant some zinnias and snapdragons. I just ran out and got some stuff for dinner and now getting ready to sit down and do some handquilting. I did straighten out my family room but all that stuff ended up in the kitchen. Now to move that to my sewing room.

I love all the stuff people have gotten done today.

Blog Entries
    Goal #3 done, kids fed. With that said what time is everyone going to bed. I still have two loads of laundry, baths, and tidying up to do along with Goal #4 that binding. help Im sinking and this is the first time doing a seperate binding instead of the fold over from the back. I dont even know where to start. Have the 2 1/2 inch strips cut for the binding and ready to sew them end to end but from there Im lost. Anyone got a good tute for a beginner so I dont flup this up or maybe someone is up for a road trip, Im in WV just a hop, skip, and jump. LOL

I grew up in Cleveland, so can't root for the Yankees....live near Cinti now, therefore, the Reds fan!!

I'm still hanging towards my day goal....
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

This might help in binding hte quilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buCKs-Fgvb4
    Heather

Real cute! I was thinking of something a lot simpler than that for the boys (3&4)..I love tha fabrics...to me it looks like something to carry make up in..My girls would love that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Pictures of the Sweet Treat bag. The pattern was included with the Moda honeybuns. To me it looks more like a small clasp bag than something I would carry snacks in. It would probably work for that though. And I was rooting for the Yankees as I'm originally from NYS!

I agree--Boo Hiss Yankees!! When I lived in NY I was a fan of REAL baseball--the METS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Love your bag Raggimom but the Yankees? POOOH POOH. LOL.

mdall, there are lots of tutes on Youtube, do a Google search.

Got all the covered buttons made, 3 sewn on. Made myself a sandwich; one good thing about hubby being gone, I don't have to cook!

Blog Entries
    All this baseball talk on here, Go REDS , They won. I just finished dinner and am going back to my sewing room for the evening. It is 7:00 PM here, I will probably hide out up there until about 11:00 or 11:30. %:15 Am comes pretty early. I can't miss my morning workout tomorrow as I just ate a pretty big piece of pie. It was delicious. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and rhubarb. Time to get to work. I hope to finish my star block(it has 114 pieces) and get at least half of the next star finished. Happy sewing everyone.
    Pat

Finished the 3 little colouring totes even with my little "helper" here, pleased about that. I'm making them for 3 "big" sisters when I give their new sister (not here yet) her baby quilt from the same fabrics.

All done with my buttons, and the little quilt is complete! I will have to wait until probably Tuesday to post a photo when I get my camera back. I tried to take one with my cell phone, but it looks terrible, and I don't have any way to get it on my computer anyway.

Gonna go mow the yard now! It was fun, even though I wasn't here long!

As the day is winding down, I just wanted to pop in and give the date for our next get together in June! I am looking at June 24th, which will be the day after Father's Day here in the US. Please feel free to continue to give us updates today and share pics as you finish stuff up!! I was able to get 9 blocks done on my solids quilt, but I am hoping to get a few more done before the night is done.

Cheers!
    Rachel

June 24 is a week after Fathers Day not a day after. Is the 24th the day you want?

Blog Entries
    I loved seeing everyone's work. I got a good start on a red and white log cabin. I will post pictures when I get a few more rounds done.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    meanmom, 114 pieces in one block! As a relatively new quilter, that totally blows my mind. My hat is off to you and anyone else who does that kind of work.

All sandwiched and ready to quilt. The first stitch is always the hardest. I've already changed my mind on thread colors. The red varigated should do the top, but I had to switch to a yellow for the back. Okay, off to draw a few flowers to imprint what I want on my brain so I don't have to mark the quilt. I still haven't decided on the 9 patches. I may just meander my way to the next flower. Had my nap and dinner, just dogs to walk yet, but we are waiting until it cools off so it's back to the machine.

Blog Entries
    okay, watched several videos on binding and even though it was on my to do list for today im tired and brain is fried. gonna start the binding first thing in the morning after kids and dh are out of here off to school and work then there will be no distractions to get me frustrated from starting and stopping so i think im gonna change goal #4 to catching up on BOM, im two months behind and then ill see what time it is then. should be able to finish last load of laundry, get kids off to bed, do a little flight of the bumblebee to tidy up for the evening and still get at least one more sewing things done. so off to find the patterns for my BOM.

I got a very late start, not until after noon. Spent the a.m. while it was still cool, changing the bed, hanging laundry, unloading the dishwasher, making pasta salad, etc. That being said, I cut out a lap quilt and have the twelve blocks completed. Super simple Pieced Tree pattern called Fat 1/4 Favorite, using limes and turquoise. It was a no-brainer but just what I needed on a rare hot day in central New York. Will post the pic when it's done. Might just call the lap "Chill Out". Looking forward to our next virtual quilt day!

1 1/2 borders left to go. But dang it's hot here, and this quilt is big. I'm taking a break between every 2 strips at this point, but I still hope to finish this today. Just have to complete the outer blue border, and add a wide cream border to finish it off.Name:  Colin_small.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  860.1 KB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast