Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Blog Entries
    What a great idea...the virtual quilting sessions. I got lots done today, but did not really finish any one project. Knowing that I was part of a very supportive group kept me focused and not really distracted by other things. If it does rain next Sunday I will join you, but if it is a nice day I'm going to a dog show to watch one of my puppies.

Thanks for a fun day.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    1 1/2 borders left to go. But dang it's hot here, and this quilt is big. I'm taking a break between every 2 strips at this point, but I still hope to finish this today. Just have to complete the outer blue border, and add a wide cream border to finish it off.Attachment 336721
    Just have to say that your quilt top is awesome!!

My personal update... I got caught up in running errands and couldn't start my "bag" but I did start a square for the BOM I am doing on this board. I wanted to do something different for the center so I tried fabric folding. I have two books and the pictures in them are gorgeous but the directions are a bit challenging to follow and I have come to the conclusion that I just don't like the process. It wasn't fun. I tried several different ones but it was not enjoyable for me. I did finish the one fabric folded flower that I will use on my BOM.

I love the quilt! Today I drafted my first block for a pictorial quilt. Using the lessons from Quilter's University I was able to add columns and an arch to my design. Tonight I'm working on an appliqué block. Great idea virtual quilting!

Gee, I didn't get a whole lot done like I have wanted. I did make two of these little fabric pots, does that count? I might get a tad bit of sewing in yet tonite. This is a neat thread, great to see what others has accomplished and posted!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got back from DD's. The quilt is layered! I may start quilting it tonight, but I'm getting tired (I've been up since 4am) & don't want to mess up. I don't quilt that well, even when I'm not tired. I'll try to post pictures of the top and back tomorrow.

Loved all the pictures.

Blog Entries
    hope to quilt-- are you using the quiltagami books? i can't make head nor tails of those directions. i would like to write to the author and complain. i can't imagine anyone who has the ability to figure them out. steps are missing. imho!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Ok. It's starting to get dark here & I'm finally sitting down to sew... the day didn't work out quite how I planned it. Oh well. I'm pulling out a disapearing 9-patch that I started for MIL's August birthday, then abandoned. Love seeing and hearing about everything people got done today!
    Shannon

Joining late but still have 2 hours to sew tonight. Will work on pre-quilting fabric for new purse.
    "When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do."

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    June 24 is a week after Fathers Day not a day after. Is the 24th the day you want?
    Yes sorry, I meant the week after That way everyone can enjoy Father's Day weekend with their families (plus I will be on vacation during Father's Day weekend ) Thanks for clearing it up though!! Sometimes I type faster than my brain works.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    Gee, I didn't get a whole lot done like I have wanted. I did make two of these little fabric pots, does that count? I might get a tad bit of sewing in yet tonite. This is a neat thread, great to see what others has accomplished and posted!
    Of course it does!! Everyone has had such great projects and progress!! I wish I had been so successful, but hey that just means I have loads left to work on next month!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Krista, your quilt is wonderful. I love the progression of the shades of blue.

Dogs are walked and it's storming so I'm off to quilt.
    Last edited by irishrose; 05-20-2012 at 06:39 PM.

I didn't get to start until about 6:00 pm. But I accomplished what I wanted to so it was a good virtual quilting bee day! I finished the top of a turning 20 that I'm making for a young woman who is off on an adventure to China next month. I also do a monthly block swap with a friend in California. We are mailing them on the 25th so I made her block today also. I feel good about the quilt top because I have the time to sandwich it tomorrow and start quilting it. I'll try & post a picture of it tomorrow.

Blog Entries

What I did today

I got a lot accomplished today. Here is the baby quilt I marked to FMQ layered and got the backing ready.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the multiple posts. It took me forever to learn to add photos. I havent mastered putting 2 photos in the samepost/ The baby blanket need to be finished by Sunday.

Blog Entries
    I just figured out how to put 2 photos in the same post. I finished 2 of my stars for the 50 paper pieced stars group. I am still behind, but getting caught up. I have really enjoyed this virtual quilting group. We have such talented people on this board. Goodnight.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    meanmom, your baby quilt is adorable and so well done. The stars are wonderful. How long do we have to wait to see the quilt? Is it a BOM?

The day didn't work out for me, either, but it was great seeing the grandkids (even the dog they brought with them). DDIL brought me a quilt to make a label for and bind for her. LOL Poker Diva, love the wall hanging -- was so surprised to see the stars cut in half, but I really like the effect. Ube Quilting, love your teapots -- they are absolutely adorable. Raggiemom, was the fabric in your sweet treat "Aviary"? Such soft and pretty colors. Kristakz, your shades of blue in your storm at sea is so dramatic -- love it. Meanmom, your bright baby quilt is so cute -- sure you'll get it finished in time. See you all on June 24th -- it's nice to know the date ahead of time. Thanks, Rachel.

Blog Entries
    well only got to goal 3 but had a busy day anyway with mostly the kids and house choirs but any sewing is good. maybe next time. by the way anyone know maybe when next time will be? Never mind i just saw it, the 24th of june. Hope to see you then.
    Last edited by mdall; 05-20-2012 at 07:34 PM.

I pieced one round of logs and triangles on 64 "Pineapple Blossom" blocks today. Hope to finish the blocks this week after work while I pre-wash some linen to make several gifts over Memorial Day weekend.
    Elizabeth

Blog Entries
    elizajo== do you use linen for quilt tops?

guess i'm the last to go to bed. i'll put out the cat, lock the door and put out the [email protected] good night!!
    Last edited by nancia; 05-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who had a serious date with her seam ripper today? I had to totally unquilt one block and it was little overlapping stitches. I tried a different flower pattern in the nine patches. Not! I think the original meander will have to do.

Blog Entries
    since you shared yours, judy, i'll share mine. i made a small wall hanging for my sister and i had sewn the binding on after straightening the sides, then i noticed it didn't look even so i trimmed all the way around (mind you, i had not done the hand sewing) and turned the edge over to do the sewing on the back. i had cut off all the miters for the corners! so now i have to take the complete binding off (rippit) and make a new one. so no, you are not the only one having an affair with jack the ripper! boooo!! turn the light out ! night!!

Got some of the blocks together - it's just a start but it's great to finally get this project moving beyond the block stage... I plan to add borders with the green leaf fabric & the pink small rose bud fabric in the upper right hand corner of the pic. The recipient loves pink roses!
    Shannon

haha! Maybe I'm the last to bed tonight. Not quite midnight here in CA. I got a patchwork purse pattern cut out, and all the pieces and interfacing cut out. Picked the fabric for my next block trade. A good couple of hours work. Now its off to lala land, until June 24th! Night all!
    "When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do."

Great work quilters! I never did get to join in and sew but I did do something quilting today, I picked up my quilts that were in my Guild's Quilt Show on Friday and Saturday. May in Jersey

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast