Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

ooooh....I wish I was at home so that I could join in on this all day.....but ...I do have to work...but after work I will work on my hand applique that I am doing .

Ladies, have fun today..
    Pam H.

"Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

Sharkee, the butterflies are awesome. I have some ceramic decals that look like those. I loved using them on the pieces that I made. Are the embroidered and did you do them?[/QUOTE]

Everose: Yes they are embroidered and yes I made them on my Janome 11000SE. I downloaded the butterflies off a sale on EmbroideryDesignsPlus.com last week and I think there are 18 different butterflies and all of them are just beautiful

Sharon
    Sharon

Will try to keep up. Great idea. I took out the 2 dogs, fed them, ate breakfast and now on computer. I want to make another clothesline bowl, work on my quilt-as-you-go table runner to show at our guild meeting tonight, and clean up my sewing area. Thanks for the support.

Just noticed this thread was started on the 20th. Can we stretch this out to a Virtual Week of Sewing? Happy quilting.
    Last edited by lizzy; 05-22-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: late in responding to thread.
    Lizzy in La.

Blog Entries
    I think rather than infringe on athenagwis' idea, we should start a new thread for daily quiltalongs. I like the idea of checking in here. It will keep me accountable and get some quilting done. Anyone want to start a thread? Maybe "Let's quilt together"? Then Athena can keep her monthly 'quilt with me' s going. She has been wonderful to do this for us once a month.

I like seeing other's progress and love pictures of WIPs and completed projects, so I'm in if it becomes a reality.

My progress since Sunday? Some outdoor work done and half the blocks on the red quilt FMQed. I need some advice, but I'll wait for the new thread.

Yes I always buy from fabric shack, I had a parcel from them today and I only ordered it a week ago and I live in southern England.

Blog Entries
    Heather, I just adore your wall hanging with the chicks. Can you give us info and where you got the pattern. I love it.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the layered quilt. This is for my friend's from high school 70th birthday. I am so excited about doing this photo memory quilt for her. I can't wait to get it quilted!

The pictures are from our high school days, through the years of the two of us, her travel photos and our kids. I will quilt around the individual photos in the collages so they'll stand out. Blue and green are our high school colors. The label will be printed over a logo of the school. Underneath the 3D pinwheels are the top are dates and comments relevant to our friendship. Backing fabric are I (heart) Chicago, New York, California as that is where she has lived over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by gramajo; 05-22-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Additional comments

weekend accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Liz92B View Post
    I've got four goals for today/this weekend:
    1. finish a mini-quilt top (layer, quilt, bind)
    2. one block for a Canadian Quilt of Valour quilt (the first block!)
    3. one block for an online Mystery (Carol Doak's yahoo group)
    4. one block for the local guild
    I also *need* to mow the back yard which is now a foot high ...
    well, life gets in the way!!
    1. didn't get finished because my machine decided to throw a fit:
    Name:  Liz92B_PfaffIDT-not.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  44.4 KB

2. got one test (6") block done:
    Name:  Liz92B_SugarMpaleLeaf.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  75.0 KB

3. got this one done too!
    Name:  Liz92B_CarolDoak_2012-05.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  57.1 KB

4. started this one to where I need to join the 9 patches into a block (no photo)
    {No photo either of my trying to mow my lawn!! and won't finish the lawn today either because of the rain and hail and lightning and thunder ... no sewing either!!}
    Liz / Calgary

Blog Entries
    Irish, are you going to start the new thread? I'm in. I even worked on the quilt that didn't get worked on Sunday. I will turn the edge and put a decorative stitch on it and put it in the pile to give away. Liked the pattern but not the FMQ. But some little one will love it, I'm sure.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

This was my sunday project a clover mini iron II cooling tote made from modas lilac hill line
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank you, this was the push-shove I needed to finish my grandsons quilt for his 24th birthday in June, and today the 23rd is special too, my other half and I celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary...

Blog Entries
    verushcke-- congrats on your anniversary! 55 yrs is quite an achievement. shows it can be done! we're newly-weds at 34, and counting!

irish-- i hope you will start the new thread , great idea! i need all the motivation and accountability i can get! so count me in once you start it! tia!

grammajo- great memory quilt! it can't get more personal than that!!

dolphyngrl-- i like your iron sack. how do you like the clover iron? do you keep it next to you when you sew? i have one but haven't tried it yet, so i'm very curious!

liz92b- love the maple leaf especially! do you have a pattern?
    i love that this is continuing! and if irish decides not to start a new thread i hope someone else will. it's so fun to have a dialogue going all the time, and to see what people are doing!
    Last edited by nancia; 05-22-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    verushcke, congratulations on your special day!!!!! We are only celebrating 25 - so we are really babies. Although as my younger brother would say "it's downhill from here".
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

What a day! It's only noon and I have had so many issues trying to finish a wallhanging. I wanted to add hanging tabs, the kind to run a pole through. Plan A didn't work, neither did plan B. Plan C wasn't good, but looks ok. Good thing these were in a freebie box of fabric DD found at a garage sale. But finally finished the silly thing....now on to the second one....the learning curve will help make the second one go much faster!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    liz92b- love the maple leaf especially! do you have a pattern?
    I got permission from Susan Fletcher Conaway at http://fiberartalmosteveryday.blogsp...ilt-block.html to make a Canadian Quilt of Valour. I also recreated the block in EQ7...
    Liz / Calgary

Blog Entries
    Name:  10 minute car quilt 001.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  688.5 KBThis was on my list for Sunday, but finally got it done today. Only 4 days late, but now it's done and I'm on to other things. The pattern is for a "10 minute block". I just had to try it. Will I make another one - maybe. But this little quilt is now in the "donate" pile.

Blog Entries
    just adorable, everose! you can donate it to me! big thunderstorm! talk later!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8