Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beatys9 View Post
    Got some of the blocks together - it's just a start but it's great to finally get this project moving beyond the block stage... I plan to add borders with the green leaf fabric & the pink small rose bud fabric in the upper right hand corner of the pic. The recipient loves pink roses!
    That is very pretty. I love roses - always have, but it's becoming an obsession as I become older.

Nah, I'm the last to bed. It's 3:34 here. I had to write a newsletter and I never start too soon.The deadline is noon tomorrow and I don't do my best thinking before noon so I just finished. Yay!

It was a good quilting day, seam ripper and all. It feels so good to be starting the FMQ on this particular quilt. Thank you all for your company.

Blog Entries
    saw your pictures, may! very nice work! still, i bet your glad the qs is over for now. sounds like you deserve a bubble bath and a nice sleep=in in the morning.
    sleep well, judy!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Hi all, just to say you have all been busy and produced some great work. Had been hoping to join you as I enjoyed the last day so much but was away for weekend and got back too late and too tired to start. Have noted down the next date so will make sure I can join you as it is such a great way to connect and stay focused. Thanks for organising Rachel

Blog Entries
    Good morning! I've been hand piecing a hex runner and I think today I'll finish it up with my machine.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Well I did not see this post until this morning since I was busy quilting all day. Here is what I got done.
    1. I hand basted a Jo Morton project for hand quilting
    2. Basted, quilted and bound a Sashiko and embroidered butterfly wall hanging that I created
    3. Completed my Bella Verona Quilt top
    Plus walked my treadmill for 30 min and played with my dog and 2 cats

I will try to post pics when I get home from work
    Sharon

I am joining in today. Goals are: finish blocks for the April Showers quilt top, decide if sashing or no sash and color, tidy sewing room, watch tutorials on clothesline baskets that were QB about 2-3 days, and finally check out Missouri Quilt company new tute on YouTube-the Crazy Quilt. Once that is completed, I will update my list.

I am a beginner fmq'er. So my machine is set up, my practice sandsiches are ready and my quilt is sandwiched waiting until I have mastered my stitches. Hopefully I will be able to move onto the quilt sooner than I think. I will keep you posted.
    Fabrics are like chocolate, I can never get enough!

I tried very hard yesterday. I have most of a quilt for graduation gift quilted but I am not happy with it. I spent three hours picking out quilting where I had wrinkles and now have more! My husband said he had never heard me cuss that much about a quilt.

I did finish two aprons for my BOM club. One is a self designed clothespin apron.

I swear I spent the entire day at one machine or another but that is all I have to show for it.

Glad to see some of the rest of you had better day than me.

I love this quilt!!! The fussy cut centers are precious and the color choice is brilliant! This quilt makes you happy just to look at it.

Good morning all. Athenagwis your virtual idea is awesome. I read all 16 pages of responses and it was so cool to see and read what goals people had on their plates. Some of the goals, challenges and successes are similar to my world. I have to admit that I sometimes feel guilty that I spend some days doing nothing but quilt.other days I can't get out of my garden...I just wish I had more of me to do all that I want. I juggle trying to make soap, fuse glass, make torch beads, , quilt, work in garden, quilt, swim, stare at the trees, quilt and the story goes on. This project makes me feel similar to the days when all the women got together to quilt and talk about life, family, dreams and things. So needles to say I am in. My goals today are to piece the corners and triangles in my radiant star. It is my first done the Eleanor Burns way. The center pin wheel did not turn outlike El,s but it is nice. I will try to finish that today. Oh yeah I will keep checking in to see what you all have to say about your goals etc. happy sewing and thanks Athenagwis!

Hey Rachel I have modified the jelly roll quilt that I have seen so I am finishing that (this will be hand quilted but will have it all done with that exception) and hoping to get a tote bag finished today also and then post pics of everything

Regina

This past weekend... My goal was to get my Twister quilt at least into blocks. Yea! I did it. and then to start back on my stain glass quilt blocks. Yea I did it!!!!
    Carolyn

I'm working on part 3 of a mystery quilt, gotta finish this part before June.

I want to walk along the shore too...sounds oh so lovely! I will join you by figuring out how to make my husband a throw out of some pretty material he picked out....it has cats at a movie theatre and they are scared...very cute!

I finished the other 2 projects from yesterday. A sewing machine caddy for Mom for Christmas and a wonder wallet (Lazy Girl Designs) for myself. I made a couple small mistakes and know how to fix it so my sisters will all get one for Christmas as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heather

Blog Entries
    Name:  001 (2).JPG
Views: 135
Size:  655.6 KBGreetings! Was in and out of this thread yesterday and then the computer went crazy. I could read but couldn't write or log in. It was very frustration to say the least. But I finshed not 3 but 4 pair of pillowcases and 3 receiving blankets. (I set a goal of 50-75 pair of pillowcases for the Standing Rock Reservation Christmas gifts - I now have 31 made.) I don't have any freezer paper so didn't work on the car quilt. I need to FMQ and I decided the easiest way for me would be freezer paper. I am going to have to take another class in FMQ, because I freeze up and then it looks crappy. Hoping that the picture I took of my projects will upload. Take care - will be looking forward to the next one.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Cute pillowcases and blankets.

I just wanted to thank Rachel for setting up Virtual Quilt Day. I really enjoyed it and accomplished my goals. Plus seeing what everyone worked on was lots of fun and inspired me to get my butt in gear and work more today. Looking forward to next month's VQD. I already know what I'm going to work on. I started the Michael Miller Clubhouse for 2011 and finished I think half of the months. I'd like to get the rest of them done so I can assemble the quilt and get that out of the way.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    meanmom (Pat) I love the colors and pattern for the baby quilt (frogs - forever relay on God) and the star. Are they paper pieced (which I love to do) or another pattern? Are they in a specific book?

Thanks -
    Di
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Checking the last of the entries~~So much was done yesterday~~ I finished piecing the quilt top today for the grandson that I didnt get completed yesterday..I also went shopping for fabric to make more bow tuck purses for graduation gifts for my high school daughter...The fabric is also here now for 2 more grands quilts!! Looks like I have my work cut out for me...Can't wait for the next time we all meet!!

Blog Entries
    Everose the stars are out of Carol Doaks 50 paper pieced stars book. THe stars I posted are the Iowa and Kansas blocks. There is a group here on the board that is doing the whole book. We are doing one block a week for a year. They are in ABC order and I just finished Kansas. I am supposed to be on Maryland. I am going to hopefully catch up next week. YOu should join us. There are several people who just joined.

Here is a picture of one of the quilts I finished yesterday. I tried to get some of my other projects but the battery on my camera died
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Pat, I'm going to have to get that book. I love PP and have done a lot of it. One a week - that's stretching it for me, but maybe after I get the book....

Sharkee, the butterflies are awesome. I have some ceramic decals that look like those. I loved using them on the pieces that I made. Are the embroidered and did you do them?

I didn't get as much done as I wanted. Went shopping with DH. Hit the hardware store, health food store and saw a movie (something DH rarely does).
    I did get 7 pot holder/ hot pads done from some of my orphan blocks. Sent 4 to oldest son, and took 3 to youngest daughter today.

Blog Entries
    you know, this is turning into a virtual quilting retreat! i love that it's going on and on! i will be working on a crazy quilt for a swap. it's difficult because i love it for me, but have no idea if my partner will like it. i am tempted to start over.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I just love this idea. And today, I'll be futzing with some design ideas using Kaffe's fabric...can't waste it, so will be working carefully.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast