Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 5/20

The bag is all done.....now on to Menards!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm late as usual. Just finished planted the beautiful flowers that dh was so nice to buy and now Im cleaned up and ready to sew that is if I can get the 5 kids and the rest of the world to cooperate with me.LOL goals for today,

1. Finish the decorative stitching around my cupcake appliques.
    2. Sew at least two tissue holders for extras in upcoming f8 swap.
    3. Fix dinner, yes I know nothing to do with sewing but the kids have to eat.
    4. Maybe, just maybe get my ybr binded?

Okay, ready to go. Will check back once cupcake blocks are done.

Blog Entries

Buckeye Rose, Beautiful bag, love love love it.

I'm trying to post a photo. The help menu says to click on the post image icon on top of the message box. Huh? What do I do if its not there?
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

redmadder click on "go advanced" under the quick reply. go to "manage attatchments" go to "brouse". Find your pic. open. Click upload. If it fails your pic is too big and you need to make it smaller. If it uploads, close window. "submit reply". Hope that helps.

UPDATE: Applique is now sewed down. Know why I prefer needle turn. Lessons learned. Moving on.

Here is my first WIP completed. It's a wallhanging for my 3 year niece for Christmas.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Great bag! I adore the fabrics that you chose; they work splendly together.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    So Adorable! You did a great job. Congrats on completing.
    Brenda

Oh my goodness!! I have some catching up to do, I am going to go back and read everyone's progress, but it sounds good so far. I am loving the pictures that have been shared thus far. Unfortunately my mojo went out the door today so i took a side trip to the store to get some new shirts. But my goal is to make up for it this afternoon!! So it's lunch time where I am, how is everyone doing so far???

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Alright, I have finished two more blocks, eaten a lite lunch, read all of the posts. This is fun to see what every one is doing, planning and accomplishing. But, I am off to chose another thread color and another block. Have great Quilting adventures.
    Brenda

Worked this morning to finish a quilt for a toddler. Tomorrow hope to finish the baby quilt too.

Loved reading what everyone is working on today.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    My project I want to do today is cut out all the applique for the snowmen heads and stars for my new quilt. If I have time, I want to cut out the background squares and maybe even applique them on. I'm not making it hard on myself. I'll just pop in and out of my sewing room. I get hot flashes if I stay in there too long...all the lights and the hot iron.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone. I started to sew. My stupid shoulder started hurting, again. I got on the computer to find a new lower sewing table. Hubby says, "Would it help to take the wheels off of your table."
    Well, duh. So a few hours later, the wheels are off. Some other things are moved around and the room is clean.
    The table is the correct height and the binding is on a wall hanging that dh found at a quilt show. Yep, he picked it out. I will take pictures later when I get the next project started. Lunch time......
    Happy Quilting.

Great to see you all here. I take a break to check in, do a chore, and get back to it. Ready to sew the sides onto my little red and white baskets. Looks like it will be a twin with sashing and cornerstones. May not get it together today but the blocks will be done so it doesn't look like a pile of scraps taking up space.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

Looks like everyone is getting alot done. And everything looks so pretty. I have the top done for a table runner but don't have anything I like for the backing. I'm thinking a pinky/purply batik which means I'll need to go shopping I am in the middle of putting together a Sweet Treat bag (Moda honeybun)

And my helpers/inspectors aren't really helping that much! The one keeps stealing my chair everytime I get up.

Heather

Better late than never, it's after 11 on the West Coast & I hope to get 2 more of these little colouring totes done this afternoon. Name:  Averys tote001_edited.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  689.0 KB But my little grand dog helper arrived to spend 12 hours with us instead of sitting alone.... so not sure how much stitching I'll finish. Name:  minowsewing.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  976.1 KB

Blog Entries
    on my goodness! i can't keep names straight long enough to make individual comments, but i am blown away by what y'all are doing!! i want one of each!! i think i'm becoming a virtual quilter-- i stay on the computer longer than at the sewing machine. of course, if i read and typed as quickly as i sew that might change a little.
    waiting for dh to get himself together so i can bring in a desk to sew on. meanwhile, i'm standing and sewing like they do on you-tube tutorials! i'd rather sit, thanks! time for more coffee and then back to play!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    I'm late, but will sew far into the wee hours so the time will be the same. Am I stalling because sandwiching the red quilt is going to be a bear? The back is another quilt so everything has to line up. This is only my second time using the boards, but I will manage once I get started. See you later.

Everything posted so far is great. You ladies are so fast!

I'm on track reaching my short-term time frames to complete this last side. It is fun seeing what everyone is working on! My inspectors know better than to get in my way today. LOL!!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    well, the cupcakes are done. this is two of them and i have 6 total all finished. yes i know they need ironing but dont feel like it yet, will wait till all little things are done then iron them all together. here they are anyway. Next tissue holders.
    Name:  DSC02324.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  136.2 KB

Well, the Sweet Treat bag is completed but I think something is wrong with it as I can see the interfacing on the inside and I think I'm only supposed to see lining! I'll have to reread the directions and see if I missed a step somewhere because I have another one to make.

I can't the pictures to add this time for some reason, will try later. I'm going to go take a Yankees/Reds break for a while!
    Heather

BEAUTIFUL!! lOVE THE COLORS!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeneK View Post
    Worked this morning to finish a quilt for a toddler. Tomorrow hope to finish the baby quilt too.

Loved reading what everyone is working on today.

The grandsons quilt is cut out!! Now onto piecing...Made a trip to Wallyworld for food, and a button for the Bow tuck purse I made this mortning..actually got as zebra stripe button and a very happy daughter..Of course had to pick up a few more fabrics that were on sale~!! Onto the sewing..want to get it all pieced today if I can!!

Love everyone's work!! I guess it was a zebra striped Bow tuck type of day!! LOL..like the green you used on yours.

What is a sweet treat bag?? My daughter in law wants me to make little fabric bags, lined for the little ones to carry their snacks, to eliminate using throw away zip locs..wondering if yours is the same thing...If it is where did you get your pattern?? Was going to m ake a pattern, but would be easier if I could buy one..

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Well, the Sweet Treat bag is completed but I think something is wrong with it as I can see the interfacing on the inside and I think I'm only supposed to see lining! I'll have to reread the directions and see if I missed a step somewhere because I have another one to make.

I can't the pictures to add this time for some reason, will try later. I'm going to go take a Yankees/Reds break for a while!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast