Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dealer servicing...ever have them do things you didn't request?? >

Dealer servicing...ever have them do things you didn't request??

Dealer servicing...ever have them do things you didn't request??

Old 06-23-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Originally Posted by ckcowl
call them and ask some questions- why they changed your plate- where the old one is (there is a law in this country---that applies to pretty much everything- if ANY repair person replaces a part or any kind- for any reason- they are REQUIRED to keep it AND OFFER IT to the owner- they are SUPPOSED TO tell you what they changed-why they changed it- and show you the old part- which you are entitled to taking with you if you want it...
make a call
Returning original parts only applies to services you the customer are paying for. It does not apply to free warranty services. For warranty work, the original parts are returned to the manufacturer for inspection.
I get that totally, but this modification was done on their part. I did not ask for this to be changed, fixed, etc....they just did it. It was not a recalled item, nor did I complain or ask about it. One time, one of the service people (brand new to servicing, if a day) said he hated how the bobbin access wouldn't come up more, so I know he did this on his own. Well, it comes up now, flies across the table, and on the floor. Umm, yea, thanks for that! I can manage that, but I just don't like the holes, dang it! It doesn't interfere with the function, I don't suppose (haven't tried it yet), but I just don't like how it was done or how it looks. Maybe I am just being too picky, but I figure I paid for it, so they should have at least mentioned they wanted to change it and let me decide.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM

I took my machine in once to have it serviced and they lost it. However I got a new machine with a full warranty. A week later they found my machine.
I don't think they should fix it if it ain't broke.. Especially marring your machine the way they did.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM

OK, so I didn't go there today. I just decided it's not worth it...trust me, it's not. If I did, I would just be talked about to no end. I know, because I hear about everyone else..lol. I tried to go to another machine dealer/ vac place today, but turned and left. Wow, that was an experience! I found that one of our local Bernina dealers used to carry Juki's and would be happy to service it for me, if I bought one....she even suggested to buy online, as she couldn't come close to the price! This is a top notch LQS, so I am very surprised at this recommendation, and will tell others about this for sure :) I also plan on getting one of my older machines up and working, so maybe I will just sell this one and not deal with any of it/ them :)

I will never know for sure if I have the right machine, I guess, as they told me when purchasing, that I didn't need to register online...they have all of the info there. Whatever that means. If I can figure out how to get my bobbins wound for my Singer Touch-Tronic 2010, I won't even need this machine...will probably put it in the closet or sell. I shall just chalk it up as a lesson learned...I am good at learning lessons, because I screw up a lot! lol

Thanks for all of the suggestions/ concern. This community is too wonderful for words, I tell ya!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:05 PM

Please, definitely take it back, if only the bobbin cover with the additional holes in it . Just have your DH/Brother/ SIL/Just a man with you who, by the way is a lawyer. (says me) Works every time!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:10 PM

:shock: Oh my gosh what on earth are they doing??
Do you have the original paper work that came with the machine.. It could have the serial number on it. Then check if it matches the serial number on the machine.

Mike

http://www.sewingmachineswales.com
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

I guess if it were one of the really high end machines, I would pursue it, but it's just their second of computerized machines. So long as it still works ok, no biggie, and if not...I will just buy a new plate on eBay. It costs more in gas and frustration to drive there than that! lol

I am excited to order my new Juki though!! YAY!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Okay, this is so wrong. I would be in that shop with the machine and ask the owner or store manager just what happened to my machine. If its too far to go just for that, then call and speak to the manager or store owner. If they have an employee that would do something like this on his own then they have a major problem and really need to know what is going on. Do not let them intimidate you as you did nothing wrong, especially since your machine is still under warranty. Okay off the soap box.

mltquilt
Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
I guess if it were one of the really high end machines, I would pursue it, but it's just their second of computerized machines. So long as it still works ok, no biggie, and if not...I will just buy a new plate on eBay. It costs more in gas and frustration to drive there than that! lol

WOW - just realized where you are . . . we have a guy hee who comes down from KY into the Nashville area once a week. I will never use hima gain - am going to a different shop now. this guy was a piece of work ! I had moved into this area and had bought my Brother Pacesetter back in the DFW area - so they were not all too pleased with me form the get-go. Just bought a Janome Horizen but you can bet I didn't get it from those guys !
Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MYWR
Originally Posted by Just-Lee

WOW - just realized where you are . . . we have a guy hee who comes down from KY into the Nashville area once a week. I will never use hima gain - am going to a different shop now. this guy was a piece of work ! I had moved into this area and had bought my Brother Pacesetter back in the DFW area - so they were not all too pleased with me form the get-go. Just bought a Janome Horizen but you can bet I didn't get it from those guys !
Do not fear that this one is the one coming to TN...I can assure you it is not. The trip alone would be too much work for this individual. The other service person is from OH and comes down here...he is the good one, but not a full-time gig for him.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 PM

My service person always calls if he finds any little thing that wasn't requested to ask what I would like him to do. The phone call is greatly appreciated.