Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ... >

Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ...

Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ...

Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 AM

Yes, easy access for cleaning would be great. I've been working with felted wool sweaters and I know the inside is full of lint. I clean out the bobbin area often, but wonder what's hiding where I can't get to it.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
And speaking of bobbins, they ought to get their heads together and use one bobbin size! 4 machines take 4 different bobbins.

(Yeah, I know - design differences etc.)
At the very least, they could label the bobbins AND place right on the machine "class 15J bobbin."
Old 01-04-2012, 07:13 AM

My Sapphire dosnt have a lever to lift the foot. It has a push button that I only have to use when I finish sewing. It automaticly lowers the foot when you start to sew. It has an autolift when in needle down mode that lifts the foot just enough to slide the next piece thru or to turn your fabric. I love this feature and use it always. It does make it tough when it is in for servicing and I have to use my cheap Brother with no bells and whistles. I keep forgeting to lower the foot since that is not necessary with my Sapphire.
I can wind bobbins without unthreading the machine and since I can see the bobbin I know when it is getting low on thread
It has a 10 in throat also. The only thing it lacks is a stitch regulator. The bobbin is slightly larger than standard size but still to small.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by k9dancer View Post
At the very least, they could label the bobbins AND place right on the machine "class 15J bobbin."
That would be WONDERFUL...most of the time you cannot even find the bobbin type in the manual!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 AM

I don't see why a sewing machine needs a bobbin at all! Wish they could invent something that would just take one spool of thread.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 AM

re: slanted bed---I put those old fashioned door stoppers under back side of machine, raises just enough.....maybe that will help....
Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
Put a light right above the needle, have the biggest harp area possible, make a non skid foot control pedal and develop a huge bobbin.
I'm with you on the non skid foot pedal. Biggest pain in the neck
Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
My Sapphire dosnt have a lever to lift the foot. It has a push button that I only have to use when I finish sewing. It automaticly lowers the foot when you start to sew. It has an autolift when in needle down mode that lifts the foot just enough to slide the next piece thru or to turn your fabric. I love this feature and use it always. It does make it tough when it is in for servicing and I have to use my cheap Brother with no bells and whistles. I keep forgeting to lower the foot since that is not necessary with my Sapphire.
I can wind bobbins without unthreading the machine and since I can see the bobbin I know when it is getting low on thread
It has a 10 in throat also. The only thing it lacks is a stitch regulator. The bobbin is slightly larger than standard size but still to small.
I love my sapphire for all the same reasons
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by pasolovers View Post
I put a "handi grip" under the foot control, to stop it from sliding ..I can't imagine why manufacturers haven't added a non slip bottom to these devices.
I plan on cutting out a pattern from a non slip shelf liner and adhering it to the foot control...nothing ventured nothing gained
I bought a special pad with little prongy grippers on the bottom and my foot pedal STILL slides all over the place.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM

how about making machines to last like they used to