Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ... >

Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ...

Don't You Wish Machine Manufacturers Would ...

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM

And while we're on the subject of "wish they would" - how about presser foot levers on the front or end of the machine so we don't have to reach under the throat! which may be stuffed with fabric!

Being short, I put a large square Landscape tile under the pedal of my machine. Doesn't slide and has room for both feet! [ATTACH=CONFIG]300100[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pedaltile.gif  
Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM

I just bought a Janome 3050. All I do to clean the bobbin area is remove 1 screw, take the bobbin out and the whole housing lifts out so you can clean. I can also see the bobbin and know when its going to run out of thread. Love this machine!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM

Put a straw into the "mouth" of your dustbuster and bust that lint away!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
I wish machine mfgs. would allow us to custom order a machine that just has the things on it that we want. Nothing like paying for a bunch of bells and whistles that I'm never going to use!
I'm with you! I would like to take the 'best' bits from each brand and roll them all into one machine.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 AM

I find the little tiny vacuum attachment to be really good. I can get all the lint out of my overlocker now.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:01 AM

Well I have to agree, machines really do need a make over!! They really need to talk with someone that actually uses a sewing machine. Then they would find out the important things to the users. I will say they have come a long way since I got my first machine, but they should spend more time making what they have completely usable, rather than adding all the bells and whistles. Although some of those are pretty nice, like the threading and the separate bobbin winding. The cool thing would be to survey sewers and find out what is important to them. Then they might get it all right in one machine.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 AM

Yes,and also make a bobbin the held more thread. It seems like I have to keep rewinding the bobbins.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:25 AM

Which Viking do you have? I know the Viking lline very well and all of them allow you to get the bobbin case out to clean in the area. Also do a search on-line there is a newish gadget that just found that is fantastic at cleaning out you machine. Now don't get weird about it but it is a pap smear brush. Yes you read correctly. It has a small bottle type brush at the end and has a very flexible handle and it can really get into the machine where we have never been able to go before.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i purchased the little vacuum attachment kit that is for electronics---works wonderfully to suck out all the stuff in the hard to reach places-
i think Clotilde's offers it- it's about $14 and well worth the money! you just attach the tool to your vacuum hose and clean that machine right up!
Ditto I bought one my self for my machine and computer key board,car detailing and all,it has been well it's money.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 AM

Lightbulb Improvements needed

My Bernina Series 8/820 machine does have a much bigger bobbin. It holds 1 1/2 times the amount of thread that most conventional machines do. It loads on the front of the machine and the foot plate is spring loaded so it is fairly easy to access but I agree that machines need to be made more accessible for cleaning etc. I think they don't do that so that we have to take it to a technician for cleaning/repairs etc.