Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: DVD Received in Mail

hpylady.....

Yes, they sent two. And they are different. One has to wonder who is in charge of that program...and how much longer they will have their job!!!

Patti

RST
    Blog Entries
    There is a no postage required envelope included in the package. Use this to send back everything (unless you would like to keep the DVD, in which case you can keep that. But load up that little return envelope, with marker clearly telling them offer is refused. Then send it. They have to pay for that mailing so if some of your other junk mail finds its way in there, well, huh, how bout that?

Companies will continue to do stupid promotions like this until they find it is unprofitable to do so. This is my attempt to make it clear to them that it is unprofitable to mail me things I did not ask for and do not want. I find campaigns like this one to be really misleading and manipulative, and even if the DVD was super, I would not do business with them because of the way in which they've done this. And I would like to know who sold my name and address -- I never ask to be added to mailing lists which may be sold, and I tend to be very cautious about providing my name and address to sites that may sell info. Anyone think it might be Connecting Threads related? Or is it a Quilting Board thing?

RST

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    Anyone think it might be Connecting Threads related?
    It could be - but if you entered a sweepstakes or drawing, or subscribed to any quilting magazine or even gave your contact information to your local quilt shop, it could have been passed on from those.

Unfortunately, most businesses "share" contact lists.

Email is nearly unusable as a method of personal communications, lately. Even with spam filtering by ISP's and individuals, our inboxes are even more cluttered with commercial mailings than our mailboxes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4