Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Easiest quilt pattern! >

Easiest quilt pattern!

Easiest quilt pattern!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by carslo View Post
Try a Wickedly Easy and add a border or two! I have completed a whole king size top in one weekend. It is a great pattern and fat quarter friendly. Best of luck on which ever pattern you chose Here is the link.
https://www.byannie.com/media/images...s_patterns.pdf
I give Wickedly Easy another vote. I have made several of them and just love them. And they always look so pretty when finished.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Default Not sure of the Pattern name, but..

this is one I made my son. My first KING size!! funnystory... He had one like this he bought in Vermont. Had special meaning. The family dog, sorta ripped some of it apart!! He asked me to repair it, I said "sure"..Well, after I saw & tried, I decided making a whole NEW one would be better! WOW! King size are BIG!! NOw, the kicker.. He doesn't want to use it, because his MOM made it for him. They hung it on the wall, from the ceiling, like a headboard. I COULD HAVE MADE A WALL HANGING!!! KIDS!!!
However, as you can see it was easy to make, & I used up a LOT of odds & ends fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails img_6722.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

I made this one for a friend. One day to sew the king size top! It's at the LA now.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...te+and+book.do
Old 01-22-2014, 06:00 AM

Carslo, thanks for posting the Wickedly Easy Quilt link. I went to the site and just loved it so I printed it off and plan to make one or two. Looks so very easy and quick. Thanks again.
Pat
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lura Bright View Post
I am wanting to make a king size quilt for my bed but I need a easy pattern! Anyone have any suggestions?
Go to Missouri Quilting Company and watch disappearing pinwheel tutorial. It is the easiest thing I have seen and different.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 AM

Yellow Brick Road is the easiest you will find !!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM

Just watched the tutorial for a disappearing 4 patch from the Missouri Quilt Co. I made a block and found it easy, quick and makes a great looking quilt.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

The fabrics you use makes a quilt pretty or beautiful.
MSQC's Jenny does a layer cake scrappy, that would be fast and easy. Go on youtube and look for it. You could cut the layer cakes - 10" blocks from you stash of fabrics. The double slice quilt on there is fast and easy. I have made several of them.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I luv the 5 and dime. I watched the quick tutorial video on Missouri Star Quilt Co's site
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
cjr

I'm working on a second one I call bars & stripes. It's a Bonnie Hunter inspiration. Very easy and fast. I used up a stack of 2 1/2 in wide strips, intersperced with the same 2 1/2" sq of fabric through out. How i did it -- I did not use any strips (bars) longer then 6", my choice. you can use any length you like. Mine are very mixed up in sizes, all left overs from previous quilts. The speed secret, I made sure all of the strips and blocks were exactly 2.5 " wide. Sewed together end to end till I had 90".(Whatever length you want works) Cut a sheet into 1.5" strips. I used a sheet that was left over from another project. It did not twist, fray or stretch. After you sew your 2.5 pieces and have all your long strips made begin sewing the long blocks to to the strips lengthwise. The only squaring up I did was before sewing. I only pressed twice, long strip blocks, then after finished. The stripes going vertically instead of horizontally(spelling sorry) as most do the mile a minute. I used a solid color between my blocks; I like the seperation it gives, I do not like mashed up prints. If you use jelly rolls you could it in 3 or 4 times to spread out each color. This was a very fun quilt for me to do.

Good luck and be sure to let us know what you decide to do