Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Expert seam rippers

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    I must be an expert seam ripper as I never have any trouble ripping. Sad to be an expert at unsewing, huh :lol:
    The key to being good at any craft is the willingness to rip out mistakes. I always telll people learning to knit, give it up now if you are not willing to rip out mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    OMG I would be petrified use the rotary cutter
    I got scared reading the description!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter53
    Here's something noone has mentioned yet. At least not that I have read. I was at our guild meeting the other night and one of the ladies showed us what she uses to ripout. Her husbands beard trimmer. Believe it or not, it works. It doesn''t cut the fabric only the thread and very quick. I went to WM and they had one on sale, a close-out, I think, for $9.
    Harbor freight has them for about $4

I have made mistakes with the seam ripper. I have learned to be slower and more careful. - Cynthia

Blog Entries
    Boy, I wish I had not read this thread. I have ripped more on my latest project that any in a long time. I am getting to be an expert, darn. Wrong expert. :lol:

to UNSEW, is not fun. And yes, you need to have a new one on standby. They do dull after use. If you cut the top threads every 1/4 to 1/2 inch or so, you can turn the fabric over, pul gently on the thread and it should come undone and be in one long string. "SHOULD"!!

Blog Entries
    I was taught to cut the thread with the seam ripper about every 4th stitch then pull the other thread out in 1 piece. You then have to just pull all the little pieces of thread off

Marty.........is your baby a Bichon? I had one for 14 1/2 years she died almost 2 years ago. I still miss her terrible....Her name was Mitzi she weighed 6 lbs.

Yours is so cute. Is it a boy or girl.? what is its name?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4