Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
feeling guilty >

feeling guilty

feeling guilty

Old 05-13-2011, 04:26 AM

OMG jaciqltznok With my ADD I would never be able to begin. My room is bad but not that bad. My problem is that I put stuff away and then I can never find it again. I need to make a spreadsheet or something. I own so much that I have no idea where it is. That is just an awfull feeling.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:34 AM

You'll get there! I moved into my house 1 1/2 years ago, and all the totes and boxes of fabrics, crafts, etc., got dumped in my sewing room. It took me two months, but now I have a wonderful, organized work area.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
After seeing all the organized and clean quilting rooms I decided to stop working with my fabrics and just clean and organize. I can't stand it any longer. I am hereby swearing to you that I will not touch a project until the mess is cleaned up. This will take some time since my sewing area is in the basement., Actually, it's the whole basement, but I am determined to just do it!

Well, since I am confessing, I still have Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter decorations that have to be put back in the tubs they came out of. They are all down in the basement,too!! Do you think I will dig myself out by the 4th of July????

Now that I have laid myself and my soul out there for all to see, I had better get busy. Looks like we will be having "take out" tonight!
Wish me luck.
Hey don't work too hard! Do a bit at a time so it is still getting done but is not such a druge. Maybe you can talk some of your family and/or friends to help you and make it some sort of party. Have eats and drinks and fun while they are helping you get things in order. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:10 AM

After being on this board a lot & seeing everyone's great sewing spaces I decided I would rearrange mine also. I first started by ironing from my buckets by color. I have found fabric I forgot I had & big yardage. I have even pulled all those thin fabrics I bought when I first started to quilt & didn't know any better, I will practice FMQ on those. I am almost ashamed by the amount of fabric I have but also happy because the price of fabric is so high! I'm using quiltville method of scraps to reduce my tubs size.This board is so great!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 AM

I'm sure you will do just fine and think how proud you will be when it's done. I think you are lucky for having a whole basement to work in. I only have a tiny little room (but I feel lucky for it). We don't have basements in Arizona but I've often wished we did cause I'd be in there.

After seeing all the organized and clean quilting rooms I decided to stop working with my fabrics and just clean and organize. I can't stand it any longer. I am hereby swearing to you that I will not touch a project until the mess is cleaned up. This will take some time since my sewing area is in the basement., Actually, it's the whole basement, but I am determined to just do it!

Well, since I am confessing, I still have Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter decorations that have to be put back in the tubs they came out of. They are all down in the basement,too!! Do you think I will dig myself out by the 4th of July????

Now that I have laid myself and my soul out there for all to see, I had better get busy. Looks like we will be having "take out" tonight!
Wish me luck.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM

I am in the same fix with decorations from past holidays...glad to know I'm not alone...reading the ideas from all of you nice people about how to tackle such a monumental job is a great help!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Now, to drag myself away from the computer and go downstairs to my quilting basement cave and just start!!! Naomi
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM

I've decided I have too many machines set up. I am planning on rearranging my sewing room and put some of the machines I don't use in the closet. Then set up the ones I use frequently in a better arrangement. Then I NEED to put more shelves up in the closet and unpack the boxes of fabric that are just sitting around taking up space, and I can't find what I need. Anyone want to come help?!?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Wish me luck.
I was working on mine..then garden/yard work time came along! Mind you my room is only a 10' sq bedroom, but you get the idea!
Hey jaciqltznok...at first, I thought you'd been taking and posting pics of my space...(smile)...ok...now I will drag myself away and start working...Naomi
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Wish me luck.
I for one will NOT hold you to this, life is too short LOL Organize if you must, but if the creative muse hits, ya just have to stop and do some quilting!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 AM

I do a version of the 15 minute timer trick. I am much happier with myself when I know I have attacked more than one thing. When I stick to simply quilting, after a while I feel guilty and it takes the fun out of the quilting. Always quilt 'guilt free'....... Today I am sorting out Xmas decorations. A quilting friends's church is having a garage sale in June. Have already taken a van full of 'stuff' there and am working on another van-ful.