Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
feeling guilty >

feeling guilty

feeling guilty

Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by hairquilt
After being on this board a lot & seeing everyone's great sewing spaces I decided I would rearrange mine also. I first started by ironing from my buckets by color. I have found fabric I forgot I had & big yardage. I have even pulled all those thin fabrics I bought when I first started to quilt & didn't know any better, I will practice FMQ on those. I am almost ashamed by the amount of fabric I have but also happy because the price of fabric is so high! I'm using quiltville method of scraps to reduce my tubs size.This board is so great!
It is this board that has inspired me to move my quilting stuff back to my sewing room and try to take it back over (from STUFF including craft and unsorted sewing supplies.

It is also this board that has inspired me to try to use up/cut up all my scraps and make tops with them instead of just creating more mess. So I've been making scrappy quilt tops this year while trying to make my room more organized (folding fabrics, putting them in tubs)--trying to get myself back to the space allotted instead of all over the house. I'm not there yet but I'm definitely "going in a good way" as the expression my dh uses.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 AM

I have been working on mine it is a 16X32 Building decided my sister in law and I were going to paint wall and redo flooring I am so tired and sore after first day just cleaning and rearranging that I could almost give up but this is my happy place and iwant it to be more inviting so will just keep going till finished
Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 AM

Good luck, I still need to do the same.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 AM

Just yesterday my husband said he wants our kitchen back. So, I am moving to the basement with my sewing. I sure will miss him! I need to get my holiday decor and laundry that stacks and piles down there put away before I even start sewing! Lots of great ideas on this topic! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
Guilty? I read it twice as "Quilty"!!!! Good luck organizing and cleaning but I think a little clutter and mess shows your creativity. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) Would love to see before, during and after pictures.....maybe they'll inspire me to "attack" my studio once school's out!
Oh yeah!! This is me! I so agree with the previous comment too, don't feel guilty for being quilty!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 AM

Good Luck! I need to get started on my sewing room today too. Amazing how quickly dis-order takes over! I just don't understand, it seems like I just cleaned it YESTERDAY! LOL
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Good luck but no guilt, is ok it's the basement, that's where I sew too, however it does get to me sometimes also, then I clean and treat myself to a new project on a nice clean table.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM

I am also in the "process" of cleaning, sorting, organizing. A little mess and clutter is fine, but than it gets to the point that nothing productive or creative will come out of there until time is spent getting it straight. Best wishes to all of us in our sewing sanctuaries be they small, big, neat or like jaciqltznok's!!!! (Yes, I feel better about mine after seeing jaci's!)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 AM

:lol: When I first glanced at the name of this topic, the first impression was "feeling quilty!" Perhaps I spend too much time thinking about quilts? :mrgreen: