Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: A good Joanns story :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No longer Perplexed

I have ordered from Joann's onliine but only when they have a lowered shipping price! Normally, it is high! But occasionally they have a 'special' & little or no shipping with a specified anount of order. Their site is not the easiest to travel around but if you stick to it, you can find some good bargains! I have even bought fabric & was pleased with it. :-D You can find rotary blades at a very low price every now & then! But I'm in the store often enough that I don't look on the website very much.

I wait until the batting is 50% off then I stock up on it! Even if I'm only going to use it for placemats or smaller items, it's worth it to get it on sale! :-D

Do you make the magic or sausage pillowcases? I have seen them called by both names. I have been making lots of them too, only to sell at craft shows. This season is my first try with selling them. Only 2 shows so far. One show sold some and the next show sold none! Waiting for the next show to see how they do. They are so fun to make. And the younger kids love to get their own pillowcases. My 4 yr. old grandaughter wants a pillowcase out every princess or fairy fabric she sees!!

Oh by the way...I am glad you had a good experience at JoAnn's. I have not always been really impressed with them. I even worked at JoAnn's for a short time. It was company policy to cut right on the mark. If it was a yard you cut exactly a yard, etc. I had worked in fabric stores before and we always allowed at least a thumb's width more for that little bit of shrinkage. So just to let everyone know when you shop at JoAnn's and you need a certain amount of fabric you may want to be safe and ask for 1/8 yard more. I still shop at JoAnn's but don't buy alot of fabric there, except for fleece!

I think GF is girl friend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garysgal
    Patti, those two kids are adorable! Are they yours or grandkids? The little girl looks a lot my granddaughter Emily. So precious!!!!!
    These are my grandkids...ages 5 & 3. My GD is the spitting image of me at that age!!!!

Patti

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4