Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight and sewing room supplies >

Harbor Freight and sewing room supplies

Harbor Freight and sewing room supplies

Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM

I also bought one of the magnetic bars (made for holding tools on the wall). I use it on my LA to hold the quilt top against the roller when I'm floating a top. Keeps the top smooth without pinning.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:51 PM

Not only can you get these neat things. But my DH gets their mailings so that we always have a 20% off coupon and a coupon for something free like set of screw drivers, scissors, flashlight. So when we go mom also goes with us and we all go in with our coupons. It is a fun place
Old 06-11-2013, 06:26 PM

I haven't been in Harbor Freight but I was in Hobby Lobby last week in the Art Dept. and found self healing cutting mats for a fraction of the price than in the Fabric Dept. One size was just perfect to fit on the top of a wooden T. V. tray I take to classes and retreats. The price was $9.99 and I had a 40% off coupon.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Carpet cutting blades, magnetized trays and bowls for pins and needles, tiny brushes to aid in cleaning, long tweezers, rubber mats to put under machine and foot petal to absorb shock and resist movement.
Is the rubber mat you put under your foot pedal a small mat or do you cut one up? I tried using the mouse pad for this but it doesn't work.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:44 PM

I found a five tier rotating metal storage unit with compartments. It is just the right size to sit on my sewing table. i put magnets under some of the compartments on the top tier to hold pins including my magnetic bowl for pins. I started looking because 1King's lane had something similar for a very high price. The one I bought for $20 had to be assembled and unlike the expensive one was black rather than red. It holds everything I like to have close at hand.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Oh, my gosh. Thank you everyone! I told my husband today that I want to go with him next time he goes. He thought I was kidding and asked if I needed a trailer hitch or cement mixer. When I explained that it was for quilting stuff I got that blank look...(you know the one!)

Indeed I do .. when I said I wanted to buy the carpet blades-he asked what for ? What in the world am I going to do with carpet blades. Told him he can either pay $$$$ for the blades for my rotary cutter or he can pay just a little bit for blades to use for the cutter . .LOL guess which he chose ?? LOL Harbor Freight has some good items for sewing items.
I did have a problem with one package of the blades when I first got them; but if you put them in properly they work really good <GRIN> LOL I really have had no problems with the blades ...
Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 AM

Not to throw a damper on this thread, but I HATE the carpet blades. I have never gotten a package that would cut through a single layer of fabric. Cheap blades...Otherwise I love HF.

Anita
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Ok...I told my hubby I want to go to Harbor Freight tomorrow. His head whipped around with a "what did you say" look on his face. LOL! I told him that HF is for quilters! I've never been there before, and I'm hoping I can find all of these wonderful gadgets you have all suggested. He is only too happy to go to to HF.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM

I've gotten screwdrivers, tiny flash lights (to check for lint in my machine), plain rulers & tape measures, magnetic pin trays, plastic boxes, art supplies for my daughter, carrying cases...lots of stuff! I did try the carpet blades & they're ok. the price is GREAT, but the quality is only so so. I usually keep a few around for "spares" just in case I run low on good blades.