Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop? >

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Google Goddess

yes, I went to one twice and they are unfriendly and I decided they don't do business so I don't shop in there anymore, the owner and 2 employees couldn't even acknowledge that I was in the store
Old 01-18-2011, 07:29 PM

I had a nasty experience like that at the jo-ann's out here, there was absolutely no one in line which is rare, brought my fabric to the counter, and she said i had to take a number even thought the next number was the actual next number. i took it and she walked away for like 20 minute. how rude was that
Old 01-18-2011, 07:37 PM

Yes, I've had this experience too. I found a bolt of fabric that was perfect for a project I had in mind. The bolt was wrapped. I brought it to the cutting table and waited ... and waited. I asked them if they could cut some fabric and they said OK. But they were working and chatting over their quilt project they were making for one of their sales reps. I un-wrapped the bolt and set it in front of them. And waited .. Finally I left and have never gone back. This was a few years ago. Both of these ladies were the owners of the shop.

I've had good experiences at Rainbows End 11 years ago.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
KK

Hi - where do you live in N Michigan?? I am from Alanson - 10 miles north of Petoskey :)
Old 01-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The most mean quilt shop person I have ever visited was the big one in Sedona, AZ. I forgot the name. It's been sold since then so the owner that was there when I was I guess is gone too. The employees were trying to be nice but the owner was so hateful and biting everyone's head off all they could do was say yes ma'am and look embarrassed. I didn't buy a thing there. I heard it's a super nice shop now.
i have had the same experience in a quilt shop in higginsville, mo everybody except the owner is nice she is a *$#@*.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM

I have been to many shops in Ohio and 4 in Lousianna and have had no problem with unfriendlyess. All the shops I went to in Lousianna were very friendly and helpful. Even if they were busy they spent time with me picking out fabric for patterns. It depends if I am just looking or at the store for a purpose. I have always found that the staff if very helpful if I ask for help.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The most mean quilt shop person I have ever visited was the big one in Sedona, AZ. I forgot the name. It's been sold since then so the owner that was there when I was I guess is gone too. The employees were trying to be nice but the owner was so hateful and biting everyone's head off all they could do was say yes ma'am and look embarrassed. I didn't buy a thing there. I heard it's a super nice shop now.
I have been to that shop 3 times while on vacation and have always been treated friendly and courteously. That's been in the past 3 years. I love it! It's an awesome shop. They have a "show" room in a separate building and the owner was there and was also very kind. Of course she did scold my friend (in a very friendly manner) for touching a quilt (she's not a quilter) - but did offer her gloves if she wanted to touch any others! (And in the owner's defense there were signs posted asking customers not to touch the display quilts without gloves). :oops:
Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM

I went to a big quilt shop in Branson, Mo. They had signs all over the shop "Do not touch". No one acknowledged that we came into the store and never did ask us if we needed help. There was a quilt I liked and I asked about the pattern. They were very short with me and said that pattern is only available if you buy the kit. However, they had no kits left. I wouldn't go back in that store for anything.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 AM

I've been in a couple LQSs that act like they smell something bad when any customer shows up.I don't go back & have been known to step right back out the door.Life is too short to care what their problems are, most ppl have enough of their own.
Funny, how many of us would shop in any store that treats you that way?Why should the LQS get a pass to be rude/mean? Business is business & we can always find a place to spend our money.On line is my 1st choice.Prices are right,they have sales & most have great CS.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 AM

I was stopping at this sewing centre overtime I went to to mall to look at the Pfaff 7415. The clerk knew me I had bought my fist Pfaff foam them. One morning . my DH told me Go and get the machine you like . Didn't have to tell me twice. I got to the store, asked the clerk for a demonstration (10.30 a.m.) She told me to come back at 1.00 because she was busy. They were having a sale on $99,00 machines. At 1.00 I was there to be told that she didn't have lunch. She gave me a fast demonstration. When I asked for the price, she told me that the owner would phone me. He did a couple of days later, I mentioned about the service, told me I could bring my business some place else. My daughter (16 years old) found an advertisement , she circled the phone and said Mom, make your fingers work! I phoned the head office in Toronto where they found someone speaking French. I was so nervous , I couldn't speak English, The head manager for the province of Quebec phoned me in the hour, gave me an appointment to a different store. The next morning he was there with the person responsible of the teachers, they gave me a $600,00 discount threw in a couple more feet and extended the warranty. I was also given a 2 hours private lesson

What the owner of the other shop didn't know at the time was that I was the person responsible for the sewing in our Federation ( 3500 women), Since I was coaching the program of the year, I never mentioned their name on the ''Where to find list'' (Those people were owners of three stores in the malls of our region). A shop owner should know that a dissatisfied customer means a loss of six other customers.