Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
High Praise Indeed! >

High Praise Indeed!

High Praise Indeed!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Got a text from my DIL,my grandson wanted to make a gingerbread house,which we had done every year( but now that he is turning 12 he seems to not want to do some of the things we have always done) I didn't mention it this year.She had said she would make one with him.His reply was "no offense mom but grandma makes the best ones" can you call her for me and ask her if we can.Touch my heart I guess they are never to old.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 AM

I think mine was when my then 17 yr old DD insisted that I needed to go with her on a photography trip to the Galapagos Islands. Don't know many 17 yr olds that would want to take their mother's on a school trip. Since then we have done a lot of traveling together, London, Paris, Sinaporex2, Cambodia and Japan. We always have a wonderful time. I cherish these trips and figure someday she will have someone else she would rather travel with.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
My AH HA moment came when I heard "my words" coming out of her mouth when she was talking to her kids. It was a light bulb going off that some things really did sink in. grin
Been there with my adult kids tool :-D
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Mine was just a month ago. My 17 year old granddaughter, who is studying A-Level French, told me that 4 of her friends are having private tuition. She added that she tells these friends, 'I have my Nana!'
Old 12-31-2010, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I think mine was when my then 10 year ol daughter hugged me and proclaimed she was "gonna live with you forever!"

She's married now, a well-respected pediatrician, but she still calls me each morning from Colorado to ride to work with her.

Jan in VA
Now that's special!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:24 AM

One of mine was when we went to visit our oldest son and his family. My three year old grandson was trying to proudly introduce me to some of his friends who weren't really paying attention to him. Suddenly he irritatedly yelled, "Hey this is my Grandma." His friends snapped to attention and all said "Hi." to me. The smile on his face told me how happy he was to have me for his grandma. He is sixteen now and still tells me he loves me.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:26 AM

I really enjoyed this thread....even tough I had to go get a box of tissues! Thank you ladies, and have a blessed new year, with many more "aha moments!"
Old 12-31-2010, 04:59 AM

I have a couple to share.Our youngest DD's husband was ...to be polite...a lazy bum :-) who caused the family a lot of grief.

After 3 yrs,she wrote us a letter that started out"Mom & Dad, I never wanted,nor expected to be divorced.I planned to have the kind of marriage you have, but can no longer live this life & will file for divorce this wk".
From there, it went on with her plans for after.Still have that letter.A yr later she met the man she went with for a yr & married.She's 43 & married 21yrs.
Both DDs knew I put a lot of thought into any cards I sent,the verse or added message being important.
Yesterday,we received an Anniv card from the oldest ,with phrases underlined & a couple lines she wrote. My sweet girls......This is a great thread ......sweet,sad & happy.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 AM

My entire extended family wants me to make them a quilt. My 5 year old grandson wants every quilt I make.
I made a quilt for my SIL and everyone who saw it said if she didn't like it, they wanted it.
She loved it.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM

I started this thread with a box of tissues in hand and have not let them go as I keep reading. It wasn't really an "Aha" moment for me but the other day I had another special moment with my daughters. My oldest DD and I had been getting the house cleaned up before Christmas company and making dinner together. Without looking up, she said casually, "Mom, if I had been born to other parents, I would wish that YOU were MY Mommy." The potato peeler just slipped from my hands and I started to tear up.