Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
High Praise Indeed! >

High Praise Indeed!

High Praise Indeed!

Old 12-11-2010, 01:53 PM

Mine was on a Thanksgiving when myself and the other grandmother of the family we visited were asked by our 5 year old Grandson. She is called Gram, I am called Gramma.
His Remark to Gram: :Gram what color is your hair>? Red, she answered. Then he asked her another question; Gram do you dye your hair? She said yes, otherwise it will be all different colors. He wasn't finished: he told me my hair was gray. My answer, yea it is. His remark: I like yours better. Gram's face was shocked, she opened her mouth then closed it and said, "It takes all kinds."
Old 12-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Mine was from DH who was a professional antique restorer...really an old-school craftsman. He looked carefully at a little pillow I made with a patchwork top and said "You build good." From him, the highest compliment for a non-food item!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Mine occur on occassion still. My son lives 800 miles away with my parents. A couple of times a week, I get a text message from him. Nothing earth shattering or anything. Usually just a note that he saw someone that asked about me, saw something that he knew I would like or just that he loves me and misses me. He may be 22, almost 23 but he will always be my baby.

Not too long ago he asked why we didn't have any more children. After 7 miscarriages and a baby girl that was born at 25 weeks and lived 36 hours, we stopped trying. I hadn't really thought about it but he was only 3 when we lost Marie, so we never really talked about it. So I told him that God decided that if we were to have only one, he wanted to send the most perfect child in the world for us. It always makes him blush but I truly believe it.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sosewcrazy
Mine had nothing to do with quilting. It was last year, when after 22 years of parenting, my son said the magic words I'd longed to hear. "You were right, Mom."
Those moments actually happen?? It's nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel of "why" questions. :lol:
Old 12-11-2010, 04:36 PM

About 4 years ago, DS who was a single dad at the time, was having problems with his 11 year old DS. Said to me one day, "Mum, if I was ever such a little s**t like L..., I heartily apologise. I now know what you meant when you said 'your time will come' "!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM

I do not have children, so it was when a neighbour's four year old child pushed a note under my door,which read,"I love you"...it's pasted into my diary.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Mine was when my DD who was 13 or 14 said your the best Mom. You don't let us go out and run around so we don't get in trouble like other kids do. Then her brother who is a year and a half younger agreed with her.
My youngest daughter was a problem child - not bad, but problems, nontheless - and after she had her own child and said to me "now I get it...." (I guess that was her "AHA" moment.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM

I would say the phone call from my three year old grandson. "Mama I need a van quilt" Weeks later when I got to go and see him I took my grandson and grandaughter quilts for in the van. He turned to his Mom and said Mama made it for me because I ask. "Mama thank you for my van quilt."
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by jitkaau
I do not have children, so it was when a neighbour's four year old child pushed a note under my door,which read,"I love you"...it's pasted into my diary.
I love this one!! You can't get much sweeter than this.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM

My praise moment came this summer from my 27 year old son. We were in the car on the way back from visiting my father in the nursing home 2 days before he passed away. My son said to me "I don't regret a single thing on how you raised me." (We had our problems with him in his teen years. The rules were the rules and there were consequences when rules were broken.) I was lucky to stay on the road. I didn't know what to say.