Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
High Praise Indeed! >

High Praise Indeed!

High Praise Indeed!

Old 12-11-2010, 04:19 AM

When my 3 year old (now 4) looked at me one day and said "Momma you make my heart happy" and when she out of the blue said "no matter where I am I will always come back for you" ... the last one she got from a show she watches on Nick Jr but still melted my heart. ☺
Old 12-11-2010, 04:27 AM

My AH HA moment came when I heard "my words" coming out of her mouth when she was talking to her kids. It was a light bulb going off that some things really did sink in. grin
Old 12-11-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
Mine was a few years back when I surprised all the kids and grandkids with quilts for Christmas.... the "oh mom's and wow gramma's" made my heart smile! :)
I will be doing that in a couple weeks with my kids and grandkids....we'll see:)
Old 12-11-2010, 05:10 AM

I was sharing a story w/ my mom several years ago - Every summer, we would have to empty the kitchen cupboards, wash them down and put stuff back.

Now i think it was giving us something to do during the summer instead of just veggin' - but after living in one place for 8 yrs and moving out, I was amazed at how dirty the kitchen cupboards were inside!! I told her that now I know why she made us do that. Her response was that she was glad i learned my lesson, because during those days I only did a half-a-- job! :lol:

And to share an Out of the mouths of babes....On 9/11, the kids(6&9) came home from school and we talked about it some because we were heading to church.

The oldest one said that "This wouldn't have happened if Adam & Eve wouldn't have eaten that apple"

:-D
Old 12-11-2010, 05:22 AM

Hi Marilyn.
Would love to see a larger picture of your avatar. It looks like cat fabric or panel. I am a cat lover. If you could post a bigger picture I would appreciate it. Thank you and have a wonderful Holiday. Doris
Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 AM

PS150, My special moment was in July when my family had a birthday party for Mom who was 90 years young. I made her a memory quilt with all of our family (her mom and dad, brothers and sisters and her 6 children). We invited 70 family/friends for
her birthday. She was very happy and she said, "Thank You, thank you, thank you". (In my 60 years, I had never gotten that mucch praise). Eiltcoq.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:41 AM

Made my grandkids the fleece blankets that are tied around the edges last year for Christmas. Found out last week they have fits if they get left behind anywhere. Made me feel good because I didn't know if they liked them or not.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 AM

I have been married 43 years. I had 3 children and my husband had 3 children (all living with us). My husband's oldest daughter (15 at the time) and I had some VERY rocky encounters. However, about 5 years ago she ended up in the hospital and then into AA treatment. When she was released, she came to live with us. Trying to encourage her to get back to sewing, I asked her to help me make Christmas gifts. From October to Christmas we sewed 22 carry-on bags together.

Now (sober) every time she sees me she says, "I really miss you!" Every time she says it, I have a great feeling of care and love.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 AM

My moment came when I gave my daughter a quilt for her 50th birthday. The top was pieced from Wizard of Oz fabric and the backing was Lucy in the Chocolate Factory, her childhood favorites. She said "now I can wrap myself in your love anytime I want to".
Old 12-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Mine was when I heard my then teenage daughter telling one of her friends who was asking for advice an almost vertabim statement of one I told her. I heard her doing that several times over the years so something I said must have stuck. She now has 3 kids all grown and they have really turned out great.