Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
High Praise Indeed! >

High Praise Indeed!

High Praise Indeed!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Awww what an awesome praise!! It doesn't get any better than that :D:D:D
Old 12-11-2010, 07:23 AM

A few weeks ago my daughter, who lives 500 miles away, called and said that I am the best mother and grandmother in the world. I had helped my youngest GD do a project for school. She was so excited the way it turned out and the reception she got from her classmates and teacher that she couldn't stop talking about it. She is 8 yo. I felt sooooo good about this!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:16 AM

Mine was after my oldest son was out of school and laying around the house all the time, not attempting to do anything!!! I went home one day for lunch, we got into it and I kicked him out. I went back to work that day and cried all afternoon. Of course I knew where he went and that he was ok. Years later he told me "Mom you did the only thing you could do". Moral of the story, stick to your guns, tough love will pay off. Makes me want to cry again just thinking of it.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:52 AM

I've had a lot of those 'feel good' moments with my kids. I think the one that stands out the most is when my daughter had my granddaughter. When she was about 2 years old I went to visit. Don't ask me why, but there was something about my granddaughter that kept catching my eye, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. I was standing in the kitchen watching my granddaughter and her older brother playing in the livingroom. My daughter came up to me and said, "You haven't figured it out yet, have you Mom?" I had no idea what she meant and said so. She grinned and said "Mom, she has your eyes". I was stunned, and she was right.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 AM

My 32 year old GS posted on Facebook at Thanksgiving I just made a Thanksgiving dinner that would make grandma proud. When he 2 or 3 he always told me grandma your my bestest friend.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:17 AM

When my son was 9-10yrs old, he told me that he was never going to leave me because of taxes, inflation and all that stuff. Alas, he did meet a wonderful girl and he did leave. Two yrs ago I made a quilt for him at Christmas with his college colors and pieced gators around the border. On the back I used fraternity t-shirts that he had left behind. I couldn't be there when he opened it but my DIL took a picture and his reaction was priceless. The following July he took it with him to NY for his god-daughters christening to show his college roommate. He called me late at night to tell me the reactions. You could hear the pride in his voice.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 AM

I have had lots of A-HA moments in my life. Another one happened this morning. My oldest Daughter now 56, called to remind me that she would not be calling for our daily cup of coffee. She lives in Missouri and I in Texas. Every morning she calles me for our usual get together over coffee.. I absolutely love this time with her..
Old 12-11-2010, 12:02 PM

My oldest daughter was just 3 at the time. She was born premature, had a lot of health issues that eventually were overcome, but had really been emotionally detached from us.

This particular day she was sitting between my husband and me. She put her arm around my shoulders, looked at me with her beautiful smile and said with such emphasis, "Mom, you're my best friend."

That memory is burned into my mind. Still gets me.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Mine had nothing to do with quilting. It was last year, when after 22 years of parenting, my son said the magic words I'd longed to hear. "You were right, Mom."
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Isn't great to be appreciated.