Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could he??? >

How could he???

How could he???

Old 04-27-2016, 04:02 AM

That is the price for not living alone. This is one of those unsolvable dilemmas like his leaving the the toilet seat up. He doesn't understand the importance of the issue, and probably never will. It's beyond frustrating, but having a happy marriage is dependent on your putting these things into perspective.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Oh my goodness folks... they are JUST scissors!Nothing but nothing is worth having a hassle with my son in law over a $20 - $25 item. I've used some things inappropriately in life and now so has he. We learn and maybe make the same mistake again but it is not earth scattering event in my opinion. I've never understood the drama this repeatedly seems to cause. There are scissors in our house that cost lots of money and if they got ruined I'd be sad but not wanting to call out a lynching mob. Hopefully you explained (possibly even for a 3rd or 4th time) about scissors, got an apology and hopefully he will replace them. If he was cutting decking material, was he there doing you a favor that would have cost you money if someone else did it? If your "good" scissors were "out" and not where he was use to seeing them, could he have thought they were the "everyday" scissors since he doesn't use/see them all the time? Take a breath...there are far worse things in life.Off my soapbox and back to the grindstone.
Thank you for bringing this back to what is more important in life and I say family. Forgiveness goes a long way in keeping family together.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:08 AM

When my daughter was about 13 she had a sleep over. I walked into the kitchen one morning to find a young lady using my fabric scissors to cut up a COKE can just to see if they would. She's still alive, but I had the hardest time telling her politely that she had just ruined a very expensive pair of scissors and didn't have the money to replace them.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:28 AM

I guard my scissors and everyone knows not to use them. But let's get real here, they are $20 scissors, not dipped in gold. They are great scissors, I get that, but some of the comments are way over the top.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:45 AM

Knowing that you have a lazy, kleptomaniac in the house, wear an apron and get in the habit of dropping your scissors in you pocket instead of leaving them in plain view. Also, does he have a "favorite" tool that you can find to use, so that it no longer works? Men's tools are expensive, too, and he might get the message. Hmmmm. Shaving the dog or the fuzz off something might get the point across. Good luck. I keep my scissors out of sight and keep a pair of utility scissors in every room. He needs to learn manners! ( My husband lost my favorite bread knife which, too, is not replaceable, two phones, and several other items when he placed them on the back bumper of our truck when he was working in the yard. After a tantrum or two by me, he has learned to put them anywhere but on the truck bumper!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 AM

Don't really have the problem with scissors. I have one pair of Ginghers that have been stuffed in a drawer ever since Fiskars put out the spring loaded scissors. Normal scissors just slip over my knuckles as I use them and it's uncomfortable. Most of the "normal" type scissors have colored plastic handles, and I don't care what he grabs as long as he puts them back. Same for my tool box. Put it back! Don't haul it out to your tool bench and leave it there!

What will infuriate me is if he takes marking tools or measuring tools. Taking my electrical clippers is a no-no.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 AM

He needs to replace them now! Maybe he will learn for future reference......LOL
Old 04-27-2016, 06:09 AM

I feel your pain.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
My thoughts exactly!!
I agree - he should have already offered!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:34 AM

If he did not know that those were special scissors for cutting fabric only, his actions could be forgiven but if he did know and used them anyway, then he needs to replace those scissors asap. Sometimes men, not mine, undervalue every thing a woman does, as well as her possessions as "just" women stuff. I have seen (and bit my tongue until I could no longer) men do this time and again and frankly, it is annoying. So, if he did not know, okay but if he did, cough it up buddy!