Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could he??? >

How could he???

How could he???

Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
My family never touched my scissors. Penalty was to terrible to face! My 11 yr old DGD has started sewing with me and I gave her my late mother's scissors. I told her to never cut anything but fabric with them. Her mother picked them up to cut something out of a magazine. Quick as a wink she screamed "Don't cut paper with my scissors. In fact, do not use my sewing scissors please."
This gave me a good chuckle!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

We are a touchy bunch about our scissors!
Old 04-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

I was straightening up my sewing room this morning and when I gathered up all my scissors to add to the basket of other scissors, LOL, I have 19 pair of big scissors and 27 pair of snips and small assorted scissors. Six of them are Karen Buckley's, seven or more of Ginghers, many Mundial, Dovo, Clover, Hertiage, Fiskars, Henkel, Kai and a few lesser known brands. I know the kitchen drawer and desk drawer has four or five scissors in each all the same as I use in my sewing room. No problem with what scissors are used for what. I have my grandmother's scissor stash of 5 pair put up, I never use those. I hope my DD wants them later on! Could end up with mine in the estate sale I know will come eventually. LOL
Old 04-27-2016, 10:30 AM

My daughter used to have this problem with husband and sons. She bought pink handled scissors for sewing. They won't use them. I've also heard of putting things like that in tampon boxes. Most men won't look in those!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes, make him buy you a new pair right now, not at Christmas. He should know the cost of ruining your favorite scissors.
Absolutely......teach him that his actions have consequences. PS is he stupid all the time?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 AM

My son cut wire with my Ginghers and his teddy bears ear with my little ones. I sent them back to Ginghers and you can never tell they had been damaged. You can find their info on the web. Not expensive either. Now I send all my Ginghers back every couple of years to keep them in top shape.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
I doubt it if using them one time like that would harm then
Yes, it will. It will not only dull the blades, but cutting something heavy and hard to cut will mess up the scissors. There's a reason they make those heavy ones for kitchen and outdoor use. Hard use ruins good scissors.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Can we let the poor guy up now? I am sure between his MIL and wife giving him the hairy eyeballs was enough.

He will probably be so shell shocked he will be afraid to touch anything in his in-laws house again. Especially if he reads this thread.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:41 PM

Mother's Day is sooner
Old 04-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

What is it about men and kids who don't respect our sewing scissors? My DH and kids kept ruining my good scissors, even after giving them 2 pairs each. Don't get me started.