Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How do you store/display your stash

Blog Entries
    I wrap mine around cardboard then stack it side by side and put it in a cupboard. Easy to see and locate the color I need.

All my fabrics are kept in clear plastic containers by colors. I keep it away from direct sunlight, as this can fade the fabrics. Also just purchased a large white closet from HJome Depot that is giong to be home to just some of the fabrics I have, along with smaller plastic totes to hold precuts and scraps, if I do not send them to my quilting friend in California who works wonders with them.

RDM
    Blog Entries
    My fabric is on open shelves. I keep my blinds closed except for when I'm working. I bought bright green duck cloth for tab curtains which will go on rods through large pole hooks to help protect from light. If I could of done glass doors I would. Your stash is an investment.

I put mine in shelves 3 months ago -- and I see some fading. Opt for the doors! This is my only option at the moment but getting ready to remedy that

I am sorry for your loss. I put it on open shelves but don't like the dust.

Thank you all so very much for the fantastic responses and for sharing some great pictures. Still undecided, but will definitely use some of your tips.

Hi! happy_lady, I am a hpylady too! Elm City, N.C.
    I store my fabric in a wooden cabinet and plastic bins that are under my quilting frame. They are hidden from the sunlight. I need to go through and straighten all my fabric up again, a shame to say. lol

I have a cloths shop were i have all the collection of ready made in my shop and i have been installed a Mirror
    display in front of my shop and display my fabrics as a statue in this mirror display when the peoples are
    cross my shop they come to my shop after watch out my collection this is good source to sale out
    your products...

OMG................I am sooooooooo slack!!! My stash is stored in a 5 drawer plastic unit, all jumbled up, no colour co-ordination, no order at all. I just rummage around..................sad but true
    The purpose of life is to discover your gifts.
    The meaning of life is to give your gifts away with love.

Blog Entries
    I have an antique dresser that I had refinished. It has a shelf and 2 small drawers behind 2 doors and 2 large drawers under that. I keep my larger pieces in the big drawers and fat quarters in the top drawers. WIP on the cabinet shelf. I only have muslin on a bolt so that it is in the closet. We recently moved so I am trying to get my DH to help me put shelves in the closet to store the rest of my "stuff" haha
    If you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love. :-)
    Donna

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4