Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt? >

How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt?

How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:31 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I have been quilting for only 4 years, avoided it like the plague for my first 40 years, was afraid I'd never finish a project because I'm a perfectionist... been sewing since I was little, tho... I love looking at all the patterns and then giving them my own twist... I am lucky to be a graphic designer and can plot out anything I want :) Its a gift I cherish! I did a Double Irish chain for daughter, and was very pleased with it... but love the carpenters star (wheel?) I'm doing for my camper right now... cannot wait until summer now! Gonna do that one up in Steelers colors when the camper is done
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by FranCFries
Started in school (34 yrs ago), got back into to big time after my husband passed away (14 yrs ago). The quilts I liked the most (4 of them), all came from the same fabric. Yet they all turned out differant, all done in a crazy quilt style. All made from ALL the ugly formal dresses we all have in the BACK of our closets (you know the ones, you thought she was your friend then she told you that you could always ware the dress again after the wedding). Cleaned my closets out & got to do the same for 2 friends. When I was finished I had one and my 2 friends each had one and my mother ended up with one. These dresses NEVER LOOKED BETTER! And we all got somthing we didn't mind letting anyone see on us - lol
Would love to see a photo
:-)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 PM

OK, WILL TRY THIS AGAIN, LOST THE OTHER ONE....I AM NEW TO THE BOARD AND QUILTING. MADE ONLY ONE MACHINE QUILT SO FAR AND A COUPLE BY HAND. JUST LOVE THIS SITE........

I SEE U LIVE IN THE FOX VALLEY, WI......GO PACK GO

I LIVE IN KEWAUNEE WI, ABOUT THIRTY MI. FROM GREEN BAY, I WORK THERE. I AM A LEASING AGENT FOR A HUGE APT. COMPLEX.....NICE TO MEET SOMEONE FROM THE AREA AND WE HAVE GREAT LQS FOR SURE.

SHAR - QUILTED DOGS
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1943
I've been quilting off and on for about 30 years. I do some art quilts, but always go back to the old, traditional blocks. Love to work with half-square triangles. I know, I'm just a bit crazy for that!
I know what you mean. There is just something about the half square triangles that seem to draw me in. lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 AM

I made my first quilt (crib size) back in '71. It was made from blocks I embroidered for my oldest daughter a quilt. She was born in '67. Never got the quilt made until youngest daughter came along in '71. Still have the quilt here...somewhat worn but still in one piece. It was put together with other blocks out of polyester. Also used it for our son who was between the two girls.
After that I didn't make another quilt until about the late 80's probably. That is when the quilting bug really got to me.
Don't really have any favorite patterns. I have done lots of mystery quilts and find those alot of fun.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Vat

I have sewn all my life, but hae been quiltiing for 7 1/2 years. My favorite , I think is Log Cabin because there is so much you can do with is, but right now I am hooked on Stack'n'Whack the 60 degree Triangle Magic (Bethany Reynolds),it goes together so fast and has lots of surprizes. I just made four (4) at retreat. FUN FUN ! ! ! If you haven't tried one you should.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Over 30 years, I would have to say Log Cabin is my favorite.
About the same for me--I've done a lot of different blocks, but keep coming back to Log Cabin variations.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 AM

I've been quilting for about 7 or 8 years, I guess. A dear quilting friend got me interested in quilting and I thank her all the time for it. It is a wonderful hobby and I try to get to my sewing room almost every day. Favorite block is Drunkard's Path.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 AM

I've been quilting for about 30 years (give or take a few). My favorites are scrap quilts and all kinds of stars.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 AM

Been sewing and quilting for 35 years.I enjoy creating my own quilts.I like to see if they turn out like they look in my head.