Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many WIP's Do YOU Have?  Be honest! >

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM

It is a sad, sad addiction and I don't think there is any help out there for us. I just keep drowning my sorrows in more fabric and projects. Oh well, at least it doesn't cause cancer, weight gain or bloating. :lol:
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM

You know.. perhaps we need to start some kind of WIP annoynomous group here. WE need to motivate everyone to maybe make a list of all their WIPS and to post them SOMEWHERE in their sewing areas. We should try as a group to tackle some of these WIPs and to encourage ourselves. Perhaps we need to do something to motivate us towards an award at the end of it or something.

How could we do something like this? Would anyone be interested in a WIP annoynomous group?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Sure Aggi, sign me up! :lol:
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 AM

so as I was laying in bed last night falling asleep I started to think of all these WIPs and more that I hadn't listed came to mind. Then I started thinking about all the PIW (projects in waiting) bought the fabric and the pattern and it is just sitting there. Wow I don't need to buy stuff for a year, but I just bought fabric last week :)

Here is my oath -
After I finish my current WIP (which is a new project that I would like to throw across the room or into the trash can but need it and have spent too much $$ on it) I will finish a WIP before I start a PIW or buy a new project
Old 05-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Dreamdanzzer:
Your quote regarding love being brought on the wings of angels is so true and you are one of the ANGELS! Bless you for doing the really hard job you do every day. You are surely making a huge improvement in the lives of children who are unable to escape the atrocities dished out by the adult humans in their lives. I did a similar job with protective services for 4 years then bailed out as I couldn't leave the ugliness of child sex and physical abuse at work. Thank you for doing what you are doing.

On a quilty note, I didn't read in the Quilt Rules and Regulations manual that you had to FINISH the quilts...if making quilt tops but not finishing the quilt works for you, go for it! The Quilt Police couldn't care less. YOU ARE A QUILTER!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Okay, this is how I am going to solve my gazillions of wips.... All of you that are listing wips under ten, are getting boxes (big ones) in the mail. I might have to stand on the dark corner of the post office and offer 'favors' for postage, but one must do what must do.,.. :):):)
Old 05-22-2008, 10:40 AM

CathyM: Great idea...do you then want the WIPs returned when finished? I think that would be a great way to get your WIPs whittled down to a manageable number. I'm so glad I'm not in the under 10 crowd as I don't need anymore projects to work on....for myself or for someone else! :-o
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 AM

Why did you have to ask? I have:
1 being hand quilted in a hoop (forever, don't look like I will ever complete it)
1 sandwiched and waiting to be quilted
3 I spy's cut
1 floral full size cut
1 quilter's wall-hanging
1 woodworker throw
3 block swap tops (blocks)
2 cat (throw/wallhanging)? don't know which they will be
1 table runner
1 BOM
birthday block swap
1 of antique blocks
These are all I can recall but I know there are more because I was given some wip that I kept to do too. WOW I didn't realize I had so much waiting to get finished :shock: AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :-o we need a emoticon that really screams! 15 of them. The more I think on this the higher the number goes! :oops: I think I will stop thinking on it NOW.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Okay, this is how I am going to solve my gazillions of wips.... All of you that are listing wips under ten, are getting boxes (big ones) in the mail. I might have to stand on the dark corner of the post office and offer 'favors' for postage, but one must do what must do.,.. :):):)
Whew! Just got the blocks done for a San Antonio Throw, so that puts me at 10! Safe by a thread :lol:
Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM

I counted four (4) in one stage or another, but WAY too many in my head to count!!!

DD