Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much would you charge for an applique quilt like this in queen size? >

How much would you charge for an applique quilt like this in queen size?

How much would you charge for an applique quilt like this in queen size?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 PM

No idea what to charge, but it sure is a beautiful quilt!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM

I just bought three patterns for wallings that are a set. They are paperpieced. 1 is 14 x28. And 2 are40 x20. I only bought the fabric for the front of yhe wall hangings and it cost me 216.00. When I think of what it cost for a queen sise quilt I have to think it would cost alittle more. So when i think of the batting and backing thats another couple hundred. Say 400.00 for fabric and batting then 2xs for making the quilt then you have the longarm quilting. I think 1200.00 is a steal.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM

If you got a fair price for the one pictured and were satisfied with it. I would take that price and times it by how much bigger this one is. Is it twice, three times or four times larger than the first one.
As a buyer, I think that she would accept the logic behind the price. However- if you gave her a great price on the first one, just let her know that you can't do it again due to the amount of time involved.
Good luck...Love the quilt!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Minnesewta-sam
If you got a fair price for the one pictured and were satisfied with it. I would take that price and times it by how much bigger this one is. Is it twice, three times or four times larger than the first one.
As a buyer, I think that she would accept the logic behind the price. However- if you gave her a great price on the first one, just let her know that you can't do it again due to the amount of time involved.
That lap quilt pictured in the original post is one that I made for myself, so I really don't have anything to go on as far as price.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Tell them upfront it will be $$ pricey and tell them you'll understand if they decide to not go with it. Then tell them the price and ask that they get back to you. That way they won't feel pressured to say yes.

I would think the $1200 price tag is reasonable. Your work IS superior!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM

It is gorgeous, as for the how much I am clue less. :roll:
Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM

You do beautiful work. I have no idea what you should charge, though. But it certainly is impressive!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by Minnesewta-sam
That lap quilt pictured in the original post is one that I made for myself, so I really don't have anything to go on as far as price.
How long did it take you to make the lap quilt? Guesstimate the cost of the fabric and go from there.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Your quilt is just beautiful!! You may be able to get an idea if you can find one similar on etsy.com.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 PM

By my calculations, the fabrics will be about $210. I figure it will take about 30 minutes per leaf, and there will be about 80 leaves on the quilt, and about say 10 on each pillow, so about 100 leaves - so that's 50 hours. Plus the time to make the top itself and then about 30 hours of quilting. So if we say 80 hours, the price that I was thinking of asking comes out to only about $3.84 per hour in labor - I just don't want to sell myself short.