Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought a long arm >

I bought a long arm

I bought a long arm

Old 07-13-2017, 05:06 PM

Congratulations!! Have fun quilting!!
Old 07-13-2017, 06:03 PM

I had purchased an old quilting machine for $1,000 that came with a 12' table. I was able to put it in a bedroom and it gave me 12 inches of space to go to the other side. I wanted something to find out if machine quilting was for me before I invested more money.

I sold that machine for $900. and purchased a used Handiquilter 16 with a 10 ft table. I find that I do not quilt many king size quilts so the 10 footer is perfect for me. I have a friend that has a 12 ft table and I ask her to quilt all the quilts that are over 112". I do not need more than 3" on the sides. Most of the people that I quilt for are making baby, lap, throws for gifts and for charity. I do believe that you won't be happy with the 8 ft table.

Congratulation on your purchase.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

CONGRATULATIONS on your new long arm. When we still had our house, I would have had room for a long arm, however, we didn't have the money then. I can still quilt on my Janome, but smaller quilts. Have fun with your new toy.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:03 PM

I'm looking at HQ and Babylock long arms also. What I cannot justify is the extra 10k for the software. What does everyone else think about this? While I would like to do the computer stuff, I refuse to spend that kind of money. Does anyone who has, let's say, Prostitcher, feel it was worth the $$$?
Old 07-19-2017, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jkobler View Post
I'm looking at HQ and Babylock long arms also. What I cannot justify is the extra 10k for the software. What does everyone else think about this? While I would like to do the computer stuff, I refuse to spend that kind of money. Does anyone who has, let's say, Prostitcher, feel it was worth the $$$?
The only reason I bought the ProStitcher is because I am not good at FMQ, and I want those beautiful quilting designs on what I make. I figured why not go for it. I only live once and if it makes me have a better life, why not. (In truth I did choke at the price of the software.)

My quilter is scheduled to be delivered today. <3
Old 07-19-2017, 12:42 PM

My quilter arrived today! I forgot to take a picture of the skid when it came off the truck. Best I could do at that point.
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg