Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 AM

People disappoint, and it is even harder when you have given them a "piece" of you in the art you make. I normally give my quilts to relatives who appreciate them, or charity. The one I was making for a non-relative, my son's ex-girlfriend, never got given, since she dropped him before it was finished. (he never saw it coming) So now it is a living room quilt for when it is cold. But I agree with thequilteddove, people come and go in our lives, and if that point in your life you thought it was wonderful to give them a quilt, then it was. We can't see the future, we can just live in the moment, so keep on quilting, you do beautiful work.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 AM

Save your loving work for a relationship that will be a lasting one. For now, I would find a charity that needs quilts and pour your heart into them. You will feel so full with the thought that a stranger APPRECIATES your work. You are young, and life will go on, and you WILL find someone that will love you back. I had a person that used to live in my neighborhood that I got very close to (so I thought). I baby-sat her kids, made them quilts, pj's, made her wedding gown etc. Then one day when I asked for something, everything became about her. End of story, I dropped her like a hot potato. I won't go into details, just chalked that up to a lesson learned. I am very careful about forming lasting relationships after that one.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Just count your blessings that you are free from a bunch of loosers. As for the guy who has your X-box, take him to small claims court. That would get his attention.
a boy friend would not get a quilt until he was a hubby.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by liminanc
People disappoint, and it is even harder when you have given them a "piece" of you in the art you make.
Totally agree! Heck, sometimes I even disappoint myself.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 AM

You love your quilting work. It gives you a lot of pleasure. Why not pick colors and patterns you really are excited about and make quilts for YOURSELF. You deserve to benefit from your work. You are the one who will appreciate it most, love the look of it in your rooms, and the colors will make you smile and continue to enjoy life. Being independant, strong and confident in yourself will bring you satisfaction.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:31 AM

Stop picking the wrong people to make quilts for...that's the rub. Make quilts for Project Linus, Quilts for Kids, Quilts of Valor! AND make some quilts for yourself- because before you can truly give love to others, you must love and value yourself! It's not necessary to "buy" the affection of people who are really worth having in your life. Quilts are teaching you a life lesson...are you ready to accept it? You are not cursed, nor are your quilts.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like some of those you had chosen just are not "quilt worthy", but its more likely that you are out growing some of these "friends". Maybe you should just make quilts for you that you like and then if at some point one of your friends likes one, then you can give it to them at that point.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by QM
We all have had regretable people in our lives at one point or another. Maybe the next quilt you make for someone else will be for a charity, where you can be sure your excellent work will be appreciated.
This is very wise counsel. When we 'pay it forward' and make something for someone we will probably never know or meet, the rewards and blessings come in other ways. I make charity quilts for Project Linus and I KNOW those sick children have something to hang on to when they go through procedures or just need comfort. That is reward in itself and, through that, I've been blessed with someone occasionally sending me scraps to complete yet another one. When I give back like that, I know someone else will give back to me. It's the way blessings work. :)

Look up a charity for something close to your heart and just see how needed you really are.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 AM

You sound like beautiful person. Doyou have a church family? I know the people from my church would be ao appreciative of a handmade quilt.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:43 AM

Sometimes we are inclined to be generous to our own disadvantage...Hang in there...Karma is a wonderful thing... Watch and wait... Good things will happen to you if you keep your head up and focus on ALL the good things in your life! Love your avatar! Put on Sevindust, play it REALLY LOUD! and dance all the bad energy away!!!!