IDT

Old 05-29-2011, 06:32 AM

No, you can't get this for any machine as it's built into the Pfaff machine itself.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I love my Pfaff! The IDT (even feed) is super!! :)
Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 AM

I got a chuckle out of your post! I should have been reading this blog years ago, because every time I got a new machine, my thinking was, in those days, "Why do I need more than one machine?", and over the years I have given away some great machines, like an old 1950's Singer, and a Simplicity that had the very best zig zag I have ever used. This blog has enlightened me greatly - I should have kept them all for my "collection"- LOL!

Originally Posted by mtnative
This quilt board is really expensive ~ I see now that I need to add another machine to my collection. LOL!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 AM

When purchasing my Pfaff QE 4.0, I was so impressed with the number of feet available. My dealer has a wall of additional Pfaff feet and she jokingly said, "I think Bernina and Pfaff are having a contest to see how many feet they can put out". I am one happy camper (for instance, they have 3 variations of the 1/4" foot available), so I will be having fun collecting feet when I have extra $$ to buy them, one by one.

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue
Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

http://www.homesewing.co.uk/video/ex...f-idt-feed.htm
After all of these years sewing with Pfaff and complaining about not having a decent foot to sew on buttons I see from the video there is one available.....learn something new on this board everyday, thank you Scrap Happy! I will be talking with my dealer on Tuesday!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:00 AM

I have a Bernina 820 with this feature and use it exclusively. It is easy to flip on and never misses a stitch. The old-styled walking foot (albeit tricky to attach) is good but these IDTs is a joy to have and sews through any thickness of fabrics.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Give me a hint ... what's IDT? ;)
When I was researching machines and first saw IDT, I thought some one was being kind in calling me an idot. :roll: Well some times when it comes to new things I can be.
I have a Jamone 6600 with IDT and I love it. I used to have a Pfaff, but then it was called dual feed dogs so when it died I wanted another machine with the IDT feature.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

I really like my Pfaff's with IDT. It certainly helps to feed the fabrics evenly, even slippery fabrics.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
OK, WHAT THE HECK IS AN IDT? LOL
Intergrated dual transportation
Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM

The new Janome 7700 comes with IDT now also, but the Pfaff Expressions 4.0 comes with some very nice features. You can set the machine to stop with the needle down, but the pressure foot lifts just a little so you can pivot your fabric (great for applique) and tap the foot pedal and the foot goes back down and keeps on sewing. Gotta love all the new technology. The Pfaff Expressions 2.0 and 3.0 are both being discontinued, and the new models coming out to replace them both have a smaller throat are. So If you want a larger throat size, you better buy now. Auntie B
Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM

The new Janome 7700 comes with IDT now also, but the Pfaff Expressions 4.0 comes with some very nice features. You can set the machine to stop with the needle down, but the pressure foot lifts just a little so you can pivot your fabric (great for applique) and tap the foot pedal and the foot goes back down and keeps on sewing. Gotta love all the new technology. The Pfaff Expressions 2.0 and 3.0 are both being discontinued, and the new models coming out to replace them both have a smaller throat area. So If you want a larger throat size, you better buy now. Auntie B