Iron

Old 09-24-2010, 05:18 AM

I am on my SECOND T Fal Iron, only because I was half asleep and pulled the steaming vent out and broke it when I meant to open the water port. DUH! It never leaks,spits, etc. It has 3 steam levels and burst of steam, plus sprinkler and a sole plate that absolutely will NOT stick. Check them out for about $35+/- they used to be at Walmart where I got the first one but the last time I had to order on line. Its the one with the blue or blue green plastic water reservoir so you can see the water level. I love this iron. and I only use Distilled Water, makes a big difference!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:44 AM

I do ironing once a week (my clothes) so I purchased a Rowenda over 10 years ago and I am still using it every week for all ironing that I do. Used it for quilting when I had an entire room for this and now that I have a teen tiny space I bought a travel iron at WM about 2 years ago and use this for ironing my seams, works great, has no shut-off, is also a steam iron. I think I paid under $10 for it.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:12 AM

I purchased my Rowenta at Lowe's for around $60 several years ago. The directions for my iron said not to use distilled water but us the spring water. No problems yet. If it turns off, all I have to do is tip it down and it heats right back up.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:14 AM

both of my irons started spitting,so i have been doing some research& the panasonic gets breally great reviews.the only problem is the auto shut off.don't want one,don't like the wait.don't know yet what i'llget. do think i may also get one of the little irons to setnup next to sewing machine.
dar
Old 09-24-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
Does anyone know where to find an iron made in USA?
Does anyone know where to by ANYTHING made in the USA???
Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Katia
I just replaced my Rowenta because it was not turning on all the time. Kinda frustrating. I got my new one at Costco and so far am loving it. It is a Shark one for only 23 bucks. I normally don't like cheaper irons since I do have to iron my husbands shirts as well as use it for sewing. But this one is nice so far.
I bought a Shark ($50) when my rowenta died. It blew the high limit in about 2 months and was so hot that when I set it on the ironing board for a few seconds, it left a big burn mark. Keep an eye on yours.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by featherweight
The only thing I don't like about my Rowenta is the auto shut off. When I need to press a block I have to wait for it to heat back up. Call me impatient, but when I want to iron I want to iron...
Me too. I despise my iron because it shuts off all the time so most of the time while quilting I use an old iron that never shuts off.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM

Hi all, it might not be the iron on getting hot or not. Try spraying your fabric with a spray water of 1/4 vinegar and the rest water. It takes the wrinkles out. I have an iron that I have used for years the poor girl still has the umph and the wrinkles do come out when I spray it with the solution. Hope this helps Maria
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM

I also don't use steam and have recently bought a real cheap iron that gets hot and will go in the garbage, without tears, when it's no longer kind to my fabric.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 AM

I also have a Rowenta but it doesn't have the auto turn off. don't think I would like that. I have a small Rowenta for next to my sewing machine, love them both, wouldn't have another kind.
I wouldn't have spent that much on an iron but my kids got me my first one for a gift. I still have the regular size iron but have had to replace my small one. It just quit heating. But it was replaced with another Rowenta.