Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Artistic Quilter 18 >

Janome Artistic Quilter 18

Janome Artistic Quilter 18

Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 PM

Sorry has anyone responded back to help you? We are all learning together here. Did you get your issues resolved? Judy
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM

Hi Judy,
thanks for replying...i have yet to quilt one thing on this Artistic that sewed out nicely. And no nothing more has happen. The las call made when i told the owner of the store that I did change back to his R/A thread top and bottom...that now both threads break! He forbids me to touch the bottom tension and i reset the top tension to 4 where he swears it's the ONLY place it can be! Next he told me to change the needle. Well as soon as i got off the phone thats what i did...you guessed it, thread still breaking! To spend this amount of money, have to drag it home and install it ourselves, no lessons what so ever and only one house call!!!! This is not at all the service I'm use to from Janome.
Would you believe I've traded in my 9500 for the 9700, bought the 1600 and the Artistic all form this dealer and this is how i'm being treated.
I asked if i paid would he please send out a tech....no appt made. Back awhile ago i did email the tech online and he they told me i had to deal with the dealer. Wonderful...that sure isn't working.
Guess i'll be writing to the home office and beg for help.
If you think of anything else please drop me a note.
Suzy
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 AM

Default Problems

Hi SuzyQ,

Your dealer must be a doozy! Wow, what a terrible experience for you. I really think it's the tension settings and he is trying to set your machine to one type of thread only, you shouldn't be restricted like that. It will be kind of hard for you to believe but this is really a great machine but only when everything is set right. I hope you can contact the Janome company and get some satisfying results. If you need the email address of the tech at Janome let me know I have it at work and can get it for you. Judy
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM

Hello. My Artistic 18 is skipping stitches. Rep not helpful. Any ideas? I've redid everything in owners manual.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 AM

Does anyone have a phone number for Janome customer support for the Artistic 18?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM

Vlyn,

sorry to hear that you too are having the same problems the rest of us are. If your in the states google Janome and go on the home site and you will find all the contact info for Janome. Does it skip in all the modes or just one?

I've been fooling around with my dealer (which has to be the worst) for 9 months!!!

I finally had a proffesional long arm quilter come to my home and advise me as what is wrong. The list was long.
She felt my bobbin case was defective, also my back sensor was not working.
With her help I'm now up and running.
Fingers crossed, tomorrow I plan to load a quilt on to see how things are now working.

Now I need to find another dealer....good luck and post back if you still need help.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 AM

Luck of the Irish is not with me this AM....went wind a bobbin to start what i thought would be my first good quilt.

Wrong!!!! The machine seems to be seized up...nothing at all working. Well the light comes on, but all i get is a horrible hum...no needle action.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 AM

I do not have a Janome but do have a longarm. I could not sew if I could not change the tension! I had a 4 day class with mine and was told to change the bobbin tension first. I have been doing that with no problems. I check the tension every time I change the bobbin. Only occasionally do I have to change the top tension.
I think this guy you are talking to does not know what he is talking about!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:33 AM

thanks Beth...you hit the nail on the head! He may be very good with the other Janome sewing machines but not with this new Artistic18. Think that has to do with the fact that Tin Lizzie makes the machine and Janome sells it.
my husband says this newest problem is not the motor, but seems to be the hook asm.
Darn I wish there was another Janome dealer in the Leesburg Fl area.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Janome Contact Info is 1-800-631-0183 ext #774 Mon - Fri 8:30-5: P.M.
EST Time
Janome America, Inc.
10 Industrial Ave.
Mahwah, NJ 07430