Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Lots of Stash Questions

I just organized my stash - 1/2 yard pieces and over are folded with the 6X24 ruler. Under 1/2 yard, but not a true fat quarter, folded with the 3x24 ruler. Fat quarters are folded the smallest.

As for buying, I really don't have a system. I just buy. :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images

For organization, check out this link: www.polarnotions.com. The storing looks so neat and you see what you have. Yes and expensive. But I did a search on ebay for corrugated cardboard and found (100) 11 7/8 x 14 1/2 for $15. Shipping is high though at $16. I've asked what the charge would be to cut them in half to 11 7/8 x 7 1/4, which is just about the size on the link. But to think I might get 200 cardboard panels for $30-$40, it's worth it to me. I'll let you know what I find out. I also asked about a size for fat quarters, but I don't have many of them. I usually buy in yards unless I know what quilt I'm making and the amounts needed.

Wow Jim's Gem and Bearpaw. I'm jealous! Do most of you "square up" left over fabric before folding so you don't have any odd shapes or strings hanging?

Wow...some of the pictures took my breath away...beautiful piles of fabric I am trying not to envy..its not nice..so congratulations lovely fabric collections :roll: :roll: :oops:
    s

Good Grief!! After reading the 'stash' posts and seeing stash photos, I have concluded that I have a mini-stash and I should just quit worrying about using it all before I die of old age.

Different subject, please. Can anyone tell me how to send a private message on this quilting board? I've been searching for instructions, but can't find any. TIA Weezie

Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Good Grief!! After reading the 'stash' posts and seeing stash photos, I have concluded that I have a mini-stash and I should just quit worrying about using it all before I die of old age.

Different subject, please. Can anyone tell me how to send a private message on this quilting board? I've been searching for instructions, but can't find any. TIA Weezie
    Just click on the name of the person in the avatar and then when their personal data comes up, click on pm.

I am so proud of you ladies.
    As for me I buy- buy -buy -That is my only vice.
    I have a large book case that has glass doors that slide down over the shelf and it is fullof material. I can see at a glance what I have. I also need to get another shelf like that one because I have started putting new material in a dresser. I am a materialalic. I will never get it used up before I die, and I keep buying. I guess it is a sickness but it could be worse. So I just enjoy it. My granddaughter has started quilting , so she can have a ready made stash when I'm gone.
    Once the quilting bug bites , Do you ever recover?

Quote Originally Posted by nena
    I am so proud of you ladies.
    As for me I buy- buy -buy -That is my only vice.
    I have a large book case that has glass doors that slide down over the shelf and it is fullof material. I can see at a glance what I have. I also need to get another shelf like that one because I have started putting new material in a dresser. I am a materialalic. I will never get it used up before I die, and I keep buying. I guess it is a sickness but it could be worse. So I just enjoy it. My granddaughter has started quilting , so she can have a ready made stash when I'm gone.
    Once the quilting bug bites , Do you ever recover?
    No recovery, I'm sure! If we are lucky, we remain physically able to quilt until we take our last breath. My friends and kin with whom I keep in touch do not quilt, so I'm just afraid that my quilting talk and photos are incredibly boring to them. However, they don't live near enough to visit, so they DO have the option of not reading the quilt portion of my mail or looking at my quilt photos.

When I see fabric I have to have, I make sure to buy enough for either two small quilts, or one large one. That way I know I have enough either way. I always store my fabric in large bins. I won't tell you how many bins I have full of fabric though.

Oh Gayle, I am coveting your stash! I only have one third of yours.
    How awsome. You could start a fabric shop! LOL

I just went to the polar~thing and am seriously considering this. At present I have my yardage (3 yards or more) on bolts that I got from Hancocks or Wal*Mart. It seems that I can store more fabric in less space with these polar~things. My only concern was that the fabric would have more folds in it than it does on contemporary bolts. Any input?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4