Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Machine for Lefties?

My dad & I were the only lefties in our family and I actually enjoy being "dextral" (lol). I have 3 kids neither of them are lefties, nor any of my 4 grand children. I an extremely left handed and have lots of left handed items in my sewing tools (no lefty sewing machine, though), and even more left handed items in my kitchen. Did you know there are actually left handed spoons, knives, measuring cups and the list goes on & on. I even had a left handed watch! It was numbered and ran the exact opposite of a right handed one. My family (who never want to do anything in the kitchen any way) hate to go into the kitchen to cook. They call my tools "those wrong handed things". I guess you could say I enjoy being just a little "off the beaten path".

As I am the only one in our home that own left-handed gadgets, my scissors, etc. are always where I leave them. Only lefties would know that things such as sewing machine levers, etc., just aren't on the correct left convenient location.
    Carol

I'm a leftie, only one in my family, and would agree the sewing machine is definitely ideal for us 'southpaws'. For some strange reason the only right handed thing I do is use normal scissors in my right hand and when eating with a fork and knife I have my cutlery the same as right handed people. Hand sewing, using, a fork, a knife or spoon and rotary cutters, I use my left hand. According to some experts left handed people are more likely to be able to visualise finished projects hence why 80% of architects are left handed. My hubbie is right handed, but four of my five children are left handed.

I am left handed, but do all my sports right handed. I cut fabric, eat, brush teeth etc left handed. give injections, catherize left handed Rotary cut left handed with a left handed blade. How do I convert my mouse to my Left Hand?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2