Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missouri Quilt company daily deals >

Missouri Quilt company daily deals

Missouri Quilt company daily deals

Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 AM

Even with postage, they still have good deals, and yes, they did have a problem with their computer - for DAYS!! I called them the day they had free shipping and found out that half the country had already called. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MQC!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
glad I am not the only one..I have had nothing but issues with them..finally just unsubbed from their emails and have let them Go....

I checked them out once a while back, but something stopped me from purchasing, I think it was the postage. I imagine the whole idea is that you will buy something else each time you buy the daily deal. I have enough trouble, as it is, to keep from overbuying and overspending, that I don't need to be checking out daily deals. I'll wait till someone has a 50% off deal then buy a bunch of stuff.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
I have never been to their site. But I do watch their how to videos on Youtube. But I do love a sale, and I mean sale of 50%, or up and as low as 30%. I also take into consideration how much the shipping will cost me. I do not like to go to fabric sites where you have to spend over $150 or $200 just to get free shipping.
I do not like to go to fabric sites where you have to spend over $150 or $200 just to get free shipping.

Oh, I so totally agree with you on such a high spending amount to achieve free shipping! I personally avoid shops that base shipping on dollars spent. I don't like subsidizing their profit margin with over inflated shipping charges. Charge me what it costs to ship. Many times it is sent in Priority boxes which at this time are free from USPS so packing fees are mute.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 AM

I have never heard of this place, how do I find the website, anyone have an address. I shouldn't look but you have all gotten my curiousity going now this morning. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 AM

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 AM

I order from Missouri Star Quilt Company. Customer service is EXCELLENT! Shipping is FAST and IMHO Fair,

I have the philosophy that, I have learned so much from their 'free' online tutorials that it is my pleasure to buy from them and support this generous business (free tutorials) when I can.

I now live on a fixed income so I spend or at least try to spend very judicially and I do shop around to find the best deal + shipping and rarely do I find that their Deal of The Day can be beat. I always factor in shipping as = total cost of any purchase I make online.

I find their templates, which I have the biggest weakness for are great quality, with an eye to the least amount of fabric waste when using them. I personally find they are priced fairly, especially when their templates are on sale or are the special deal of the day.

I don't usually buy pre-cuts, I have such a large stash I usually cut my own. Jenny often times in her tutorials tells what pre-cut she is using, but then I've heard her say or 'cut your own from your stash'....

Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by polly13 View Post
I have never checked this out and it's probably smarter of me never to do so.
I'm with you. I'd probably have to buy some if I ever saw it. so, I'm money ahead.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM

Here's their url: http://www.missouriquiltco.com/
Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I do not like to go to fabric sites where you have to spend over $150 or $200 just to get free shipping.

Oh, I so totally agree with you on such a high spending amount to achieve free shipping! I personally avoid shops that base shipping on dollars spent. I don't like subsidizing their profit margin with over inflated shipping charges. Charge me what it costs to ship. Many times it is sent in Priority boxes which at this time are free from USPS so packing fees are mute.
It is shipping and HANDLING, NOT JUST SHIPPING. Someone has to pick your order, pack it and get it ready for shipping, generate the paperwork, etc. That person earns a paycheck and, hopefully, some benefits. It is a business. Besides employees there is a physical location that has rent, taxes, utilities, etc. It is not like you selling some unused fabric, that you can pop in a shipper, drop off at the post office and forget about. Businesses have overhead.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
It is shipping and HANDLING, NOT JUST SHIPPING. Someone has to pick your order, pack it and get it ready for shipping, generate the paperwork, etc. That person earns a paycheck and, hopefully, some benefits. It is a business. Besides employees there is a physical location that has rent, taxes, utilities, etc. It is not like you selling some unused fabric, that you can pop in a shipper, drop off at the post office and forget about. Businesses have overhead.
What you say is very true, but all that should be conidered part of the price of the fabric. And the shipping prices are not set by the store, but by the shipping businesses. That shipping cost is a constant. I have no issues with any of that. My problem is just visiting the site and being tempted to purchase every time I see a piece of fabric or jelly roll at a good price. I am very weak-willed when it comes to fabric, as most of us are. I am trying to get my "fabric frenzy" under control this year, and shopping a daily deal doesn't help. So, as much as I want to check them out, I won't.