Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: my lqs is closing, and "my" bernina is on layaway there..help!!

glad you've now got a machine on the way that you think you will be happy with.
    Smile - it confuses people

I would get my money back and buy another Viking, if you think you would be much happier with it. Just my Opinion.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Is there only one Bernina dealer near you? Contact the Bernina USA website and ask for a dealer near you. The term, Nothing beats a Bernina, is correct. I could not be happier with mine. You will need a dealer for service and classes. I wish you the best of luck.

twoxover,
    I'm so happy that things worked out for you. I work in a Viking company store inside a JoAnn's super store and I really like the Tribute 140M, you'll really like your new machine. I own a Sapphire 875 and its becoming one of my favorite machines for piecing and quilting. I also own 2 mechanical Berninas that are at least 20 years old.
    Sharon W.
    Last edited by purplefiend; 05-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    thank you sharon! (and everyone else).

all's well that end's well. will be interested to see if "my" bernina is up on ebay in 30 days...

I think you will be happy with your new Viking. I have a Brother machine that I love, but to me customer service is every bit as important as the product. I can see why that lady is going out of business. If her attitude towards all her customers was anything like what you dealt with, then good riddance. Sounds like your DH is a gem.

You sound very nervous about buying the machine. I would suggest that you talk to the owner of the local quilt shop and if you do not find their answer comforting, cancel the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    here is a quick follow up...I did call Hubby and tell him what transpired. He did not like the "wait a week for a refund"...and decided to stop in there on his way home. in his words "all i did was say, Laurie, can we talk about Betsey's Machine (i think in his mind, he wanted to bring it home) and she started yelling at him". Long story short, i have a check from her in my hands.
    Way to go, Hubby!!! I was reading along in this thread and got concerned when she wanted you to wait to get your $2000 back. That is a whole lot of money! I had a similar situation where a gallery owner closed her doors and couldn't manage to come up with an item I had laid away. She wanted me to finish paying for it so she could close. I did pay the remaining balance and poof! She disappeared. After chasing her unsuccessfully via phone and mail, I called Better Business Bureau in that town who said "file a complaint with the local district attorney, here's his number." He tracked her down, paid her an unofficial visit. During this visit, my $1500 item suddenly reappeared, was packed up and shipped. I got it in record time.

So my suggestion was going to be that you raise a stink with your Better Business Bureau, your local consumer fraud division and the regional management in your area for Bernina. BUT thank goodness for hubby and three cheers for him!

I have a Bernina that I bought at Quilt festival. They asked me to choose what quilt shop I wanted to get it from. I think your contract may be through Bernina. I too would talk to them before you finish paying for the machine. Ask what they can do for you. If it looks like you are going to get stuck, I would ask to have my $ back, and start all over with a different distributor

I was told I could always go aback and have the training again! I was also told that the individual shops can sell you a machine that is new at a better rate than you can get a used one from quilt festival.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4