Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! >

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

I would have made a comment about it must be old biddy day today and then started telling the cutter all about the quilt I was making.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Not to be the odd man out here - but you just never know what a person's day has been like, so maybe it was a case of taking it out on others. Or maybe she really is just mean and nasty. Be glad she's on your next door neighbor, and that you'll probably never see her again in your whole life.
So where are the pictures of this fabric?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 PM

sounds like the same lady that cut to the front of the line in front of me at the gas station this morning. She turned around like the rest of us waiting "suddenly" became visible and said 'oh, I'm sorry, were you next?" (snidely) I smiled (had on my kickass black shades) and said "yes, but you must be very important so go right ahead". Stupid clerk should have said something to her but didn't.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 PM

I went to JoAnn's about a week ago for the first time in a few months. I was shocked at the prices on the cottons. Some of them much higher than my LQS.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Pam

Originally Posted by Candace
I ran into someone like her yesterday. She was a driver though, and had MAJOR road rage issues. She scared me half-to death and I was very close to dialing 911. She was yelling at me out of her window and pointing, riding my bumper for miles etc. And this was a parent from my local high school as we were dropping off our kids!! Great example she made.

You just have to accept that there are some very angry and bitter people out in the world. I try to feel pity and sorry for them, rather than let it get to me. Some folks really need to change their lives because the current one is NOT working for them!
Candace I have always said that if I knew I had one day left to live, I would take a big truck out and teach rude drivers good lessons. Admit it, didn't you REALLY want to slam on the breaks and mess up her front end?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

I have been ordering on line for sales and have been saving alot of money.
Quilt in a Day has quality fabric for 3 dollars in the Fabric Frensy area.
Joanns has been raising its prices and the fabric is not first quality so dont shop there anymore.
Connecting Threads is also a great online shop.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM

My husband did that once, the same lady ran a stop sign and cut him off every morning, this went on for months. Finally he took a really old junker car he had and let her broadside him. They were both going slow enough that it didn't hurt the people but it did hurt the cars. The funny part was she didn't want him to call the cops so she paid to get his junker fixed. She never ran the stop sign again!

Originally Posted by Pam
Originally Posted by Candace
I ran into someone like her yesterday. She was a driver though, and had MAJOR road rage issues. She scared me half-to death and I was very close to dialing 911. She was yelling at me out of her window and pointing, riding my bumper for miles etc. And this was a parent from my local high school as we were dropping off our kids!! Great example she made.

You just have to accept that there are some very angry and bitter people out in the world. I try to feel pity and sorry for them, rather than let it get to me. Some folks really need to change their lives because the current one is NOT working for them!
Candace I have always said that if I knew I had one day left to live, I would take a big truck out and teach rude drivers good lessons. Admit it, didn't you REALLY want to slam on the breaks and mess up her front end?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by granniebj
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!
Thats when I would have asked her if she heard about the new surgery they had now. You know the one that disconnects your eyes from your @%$ hole so you wont have a shitty outlook in life.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But thats just me.........

Billy
Old 04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Pam

I like that Billy, may just have to use that one.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 PM

I don't know if this lady was a quilter, but she said she was and she named the quilt she was making like it was out of my league! A bargello or bardello? I didn't even know what she said...I was in shock. I think I would have said something...but I just couldn't get over the fact that she claimed to be a quilter! Whats worse is that I don't think she was having a bad day, and that the clerk has had to deal with her more then once! I don't know any local quilters and I was determined to chat up anyone in there to find one! lol Needless to say...I didn't really talk to anyone after that! Big chicken that I'am I just went back to all the gorgeous fabric and drooled...oh but not on the fabric ladies! That would be fabric abuse!