Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! >

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 PM

My DH has a saying when people act like that....only I can't repeat it here. Has anyone noticed the incidences of road rage has increased since all those latte/frappacino/expensive coffee places opened up in little buildings all over town???? COFFEE is the fault!!!!!

OP - I went to Hancocks and felt the same thing. But then, I've never liked the Hancocks here.... ;-)
Old 04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

All of the quilters that I have met have been really sweet. They are amazed that a guy quilts and then when we start talking machines they are amazed that I only use treadle machines.

Before I know it there are several women fawning over me and helping pick fabric out for me and showing me "cute" patterns.......Damn I love quilting!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry your time at Hancock was so disappointing. That rude quilter was just so sad. Thank goodness they are few and far between.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Oh my gosh Billy! I almost spit out my mouthful of chips.

Hmm, wonder what the name of that new surgery is? I will have to ask my medical class next week if anyone knows.

Give me time and I will come up with a name.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wvdek
Oh my gosh Billy! I almost spit out my mouthful of chips.

Hmm, wonder what the name of that new surgery is? I will have to ask my medical class next week if anyone knows.

Give me time and I will come up with a name.
LOL!!

Billy
Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Originally Posted by Candace
I ran into someone like her yesterday. She was a driver though, and had MAJOR road rage issues. She scared me half-to death and I was very close to dialing 911. She was yelling at me out of her window and pointing, riding my bumper for miles etc. And this was a parent from my local high school as we were dropping off our kids!! Great example she made.

You just have to accept that there are some very angry and bitter people out in the world. I try to feel pity and sorry for them, rather than let it get to me. Some folks really need to change their lives because the current one is NOT working for them!
Candace I have always said that if I knew I had one day left to live, I would take a big truck out and teach rude drivers good lessons. Admit it, didn't you REALLY want to slam on the breaks and mess up her front end?
You know, if I were really angry the thought would have crossed my mind. But the irrational venom spewing from this woman made me think she was mentally imbalanced. I wasn't angry, I was scared. There have been plenty of times, that I've been in typical road rage situations. This one felt different. I don't know how to explain it, other than my spider sense was tingling and major warning bells were going off.

LOL Billy, you're too much. I think the medical term may be "anus-orrifice seperitus".
Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

I probably would have told her to get her nose out of the air :D I don't have any use for rude people, I just don't see a reason to be that way. God bless. Penny
Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by granniebj
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!
Thats when I would have asked her if she heard about the new surgery they had now. You know the one that disconnects your eyes from your @%$ hole so you wont have a shitty outlook in life.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But thats just me.........

Billy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM

Normally I love it there! This time all the fabric I fell in love with was wayyyy out of my budget. I'm forced to get the lower priced fabric and there sure isn't much of that left! I came away with very little, but all the money my daughter gave me gone!
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! Thats a first for me! She was in front of me at the cutting line. We both had bolts of red white and blue. Not the same fabric but in the same color wheel. I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!
Hmmm you know sometimes you just don't know what people are going through... red white and blue .............perhaps she had a family member in military or perhaps making a quilt for one she lost.. I'm just saying.. having been there ..;)I don't always respond in the best way some days.... don't be so judgemental.. perhaps she needed a hug instead of what she got.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!
Thats when I would have asked her if she heard about the new surgery they had now. You know the one that disconnects your eyes from your @%$ hole so you wont have a shitty outlook in life.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so nice that you can have a non shitty outlook every day.. I am happy for you.. truly .. live my life and see if that is the same.. janice missing my son desperately and try hard to be happy on the outside but sometimes Impossible... !!

But thats just me.........

Billy
:lol: :lol: :lol: