Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 AM

She left you with such a problem that I don't think she should have charged you anything. She should have known before she started if it would fit in her machine. She didn't fulfill her end of the bargain. Did she charge you the whole price she first quoted? If not, can you afford to have another LA er finish it with what you saved? I'm sure sorry for what has happened to you and hope that you can get it finished somehow. Hope you post a picture too! Good luck!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM

What a terrible deal. I hope her conscience is really bugging her!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM

What a terrible deal. I hope her conscience is really bugging her!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

My sympathies also on this huge snafu. If she quoted you a price, she has to stick with it. I hope you did not pay her the extra $50 that she demanded. This is very detrimental to her quilting business and I would spread the word. When word gets out, she won't have much business. I can't believe she only quilted the middle. That is just terrible.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I think you have gotten some very good advice. I like the idea of writing down exactly what you want to say to her, think about it a day or two and then call her/write her whichever. Years ago I had an awful experience with a doctor, who was extremely rude, obnoxious and then dismissed me saying I was an overweight middle-aged woman whose pain was in her head. I wrote a letter, waited two weeks, still felt the same way, and after checking with one of the attorneys I worked for, sent it to the clinic's administrator. I got a formal apology, and when I saw another doctor in the same clinic, at the recommendation of a friend who had seen him, he told me he had read the letter and "Was told that I was to be very, very nice to you." I had never done that ever, but it sure felt good. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Go to www.quiltingstencil.com. They have dozens of leaf stencils. After you get a stencil to your size, buy some Golden Threads tracing paper (at your LQS). Trace your stencil on the paper, then stack up 10-12 strips of the tracing paper the same size as your design. Staple them together. Take the thread out of your machine, then, using a #14-16 needle (to get large holes), drop your feed dogs and sew around the pattern. This will give you sheets and sheets of your pattern. Separate the sheets, pin them on your quilt and start quilting.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 AM

That was wrong for her to do this to you and she should not have charged you, except for shipping it back to you. She broke her contract with you. And since you are moving there, you could pick it up at her place then.
You already paid her. but it would be good to find out why she couldn't complete it.
If the center is done, perhaps you can do FMQ or leaves on the rest of it. There are many good instructions on UTube. Practice on sandwiched pieces first, before doing it on yur quilt.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 AM

I'm confused, I have a longarm machine and I've never started in the middle of a quilt. I just finished one for my future son in law that was 108x108 and I still had room for more on each side.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:40 AM

if you would pay for shipping we would do the side for you.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
I'm confused, I have a longarm machine and I've never started in the middle of a quilt. I just finished one for my future son in law that was 108x108 and I still had room for more on each side.
I have a Brother 1500s on a Gracy II frame that is only 103" wide. I am quilting my sister's queen size quilt, that is 93" X 104" The machine hits the clamps and it is impossible to sew smoothly on the sides. So I do the sides after the top, bottom and middle is finished. I turn the quilt and do as much as I can, then shift the quilt and finish the side border. Then turn it again and finish the other side border. This is a very frustrating and time consuming process. More than 2 weeks so far. Next time my sister will probably have to do the quilting herself.