Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin! >

Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin!

Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by leatheflea
I'm up and moving! Vacuuming done! Did some stretching, one and two touch those toes! Yesterdays sew-a-thon has left me a little stiff this morning, been up since 3 because of it. So a little of the snake that bit me. Will have the top finished today! Just a little reminder to change those needles and clean out the bobbin area before we start today. Everytime you get up to empty the bladder stretch, touch those toes(or knees)! Arms over the head....and stretch...Dont it feel good!? I think we get so caught up in sewing that we forget about us. Prevention on us and our machines, one wont work without the other. Turn the radio on...(micheal jackson) "ABC...Its as easy as Do-re-me..

Ok now sit in sewing chair grab the seat on the left side with both hands and twist your upper half to the left...stretch....hold it....lets do the other side.....stretch...feels good. Ok now put the peddle to the metal and lets get these stitches-a-stomping!

Have a great day! Happy Stitching!
Oh, so don't give me all this cheerful stuff! Go back to bed! :roll: :lol: I spent the whole night dreaming about how I am going to finish off my QAYG quilt. Don't like the way the instructions say to do it, so was trying to come up with a better way. I woke up with my hands so sore they feel like clubs. This is my errand day, so I probably won't be quilting. Too busy out "getting exercise" walking through WalMart. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll be parking at the back of the lot right?!...LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I'm up and moving! Vacuuming done! Did some stretching, one and two touch those toes! Yesterdays sew-a-thon has left me a little stiff this morning, been up since 3 because of it. So a little of the snake that bit me. Will have the top finished today! Just a little reminder to change those needles and clean out the bobbin area before we start today. Everytime you get up to empty the bladder stretch, touch those toes(or knees)! Arms over the head....and stretch...Dont it feel good!? I think we get so caught up in sewing that we forget about us. Prevention on us and our machines, one wont work without the other. Turn the radio on...(micheal jackson) "ABC...Its as easy as Do-re-me..

Ok now sit in sewing chair grab the seat on the left side with both hands and twist your upper half to the left...stretch....hold it....lets do the other side.....stretch...feels good. Ok now put the peddle to the metal and lets get these stitches-a-stomping!

Have a great day! Happy Stitching!
Oh, so don't give me all this cheerful stuff! Go back to bed! :roll: :lol: I spent the whole night dreaming about how I am going to finish off my QAYG quilt. Don't like the way the instructions say to do it, so was trying to come up with a better way. I woke up with my hands so sore they feel like clubs. This is my errand day, so I probably won't be quilting. Too busy out "getting exercise" walking through WalMart. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll be parking at the back of the lot right?!...LOL
Oh, I always do! I was already out walking the dogs this morning at 7 AM & the thermometer said -5 degrees. Don't laugh, I am not exaggerating any of this. My daily exercise is going up and down the basement stairs. My sewing room is in the basement and I keep my drink in the kitchen. I counted one day and I go up and down at least 20 times a day. Good cardio.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

I have a sew day today so I'll be moving right on out the door. I love my sewdays.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 AM

Gran of 6, not laughing at all I so glad to hear that your keeping on the move. I try to get outside everyday for at least 2 minutes. Its easier during the week. On the weekend honeys home and...you know men. I just spend time with him. I always park in the back of the lot no matter where I am. Before I lost my job they would make fun of me because I would park in the very last row. From my car to my area was about a 1/4 or more. Rainy day or not, I park in the back. Well I think I'll bundle up now and go out for a walk in the woods, the temp should be up to about 20 by now.

Have a good day ya'all!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 AM

Gran of 6, not laughing at all I so glad to hear that your keeping on the move. I try to get outside everyday for at least 2 minutes. Its easier during the week. On the weekend honeys home and...you know men. I just spend time with him. I always park in the back of the lot no matter where I am. Before I lost my job they would make fun of me because I would park in the very last row. From my car to my area was about a 1/4 or more. Rainy day or not, I park in the back. Well I think I'll bundle up now and go out for a walk in the woods, the temp should be up to about 20 by now.

Have a good day ya'all!
Well, since Gus had his ACL surgery he has to be walked on leash at all times, so I am outside about every 2 hours. I have a fenced in yard so they are used to going out whenever they want. Now that is coming back to bite me. But at least I am getting fresh air and walking in the snow at least 3 times around the yard on each outing. Plus having to keep the back deck and ramp free of snow. I am pushing 70 and have always kept active. Have fun on your walk.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Wow! You MUST be following the Flylady.com.
I bend and stretch every morning - then listen as my bod goes pop, pop, crack, pop, rattle & roll! LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

When the urge to "get up and go" hits me, I take a nap til it passes. Usually works. :? :lol:

Jan in VA where I'm just so cold this morning!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
LEAVE ME ALONE!

When the urge to "get up and go" hits me, I take a nap til it passes. Usually works. :? :lol:

Jan in VA where I'm just so cold this morning!
Jan, I agree with you. I will do what I feel like doing, most times nothing. It was -5 this morning at 7 AM when I took the dogs out. We are not used to this cold. I am originally from Mich so it doesn't bother me.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM

OMG, you are making me exhausted just listening to you. I think I'm heading back to bed... :lol:
Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Ok, so you got me moving today. Got the rest of the kitchen/diningroom/livingroom painted. Where will you be tomorrow morning when I have to move all the furniture back.