Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!! >

OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!!

OK I know This Is The Dumbest Question Ever!!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 AM

P.S. The woods won't work because they don't have electricity.
It might be fun for those with hand crank machines. Sewing in the great outdoors, and no electronic distractions.

I would be interested in going to a retreat if it was relatively close to here. But NOT in the woods, please - 'reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or my back yard FULL of chiggers, ticks and skunks!
OK, I can see that this might be a problem
Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I hope it isn't like a 'work retreat' ... My supervisor keeps saying we need a 'retreat' when I throw out suggestions like mini golf, lunch & the qulit museum... she tells me it's 'not that kind of a retreat'.... so why call it a 'retreat' at all? call it 'working off site'.
Because then they would have to pay you! :D
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

I have been checking out retreats, and I was amazed at the vast differences in activities/classes being offered as well as the costs. I would love to go on one at the coast or in the mountains, 2-3 days of sewing, laughing, and learning sounds like a perfect mini vacation :D:D:D
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 AM

I have heard of cruises for quilters too. Now wouldn't that be fun?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Pam

Originally Posted by Pam
We are having one in August! Wanna come on up? Too much fun!
Here is the info on our retreat. I know it is probably too far for you to get up here, but you can get an idea fo how some of them work. http://www.piecemakersquiltretreat.com
Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM

I would love to do this -- primarily something unstructured -- just a get together to sew and visit. Anybody in the N. Fla. / S. Ga. area know of one in our area?

Dene
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM

Marsye, you are "such" a hoot....quilt retreat is the same as people go for scrap book retreats. However, if there is a quilt retreat in my area and YOU are going that is ONE that I will surely want to attend so that I can meet you. You are such a magnetic persons on this site. Heck, each morning I have to get a cup of tea and read the board looking for your reply/comments and of course the pictures you post. I am believing you are more of a computer wiz than a quilter...so we all out here will get a retreat going so that you will come and then you can show us a "thing or two". Bless you and do let us know if you go to a retreat. I really think it would be alot of "giggling women" and if not you would make sure we were. Bless you
Old 05-24-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm with you Lockeb, that is the cutest picture. I don't want one tho. Raised them as kids. They are very cute, but not something I want to take care of at this stage of my life. I will just sit back and enjoy the pictures.
Originally Posted by Lockeb
Now isn't that the cutest photo...now I want a little bunny!!! :-)
Old 05-24-2010, 12:43 PM

The retreat I went to a few weeks ago was in the back room of a fabric outlet store. The people there were so nice to us. It was basically just a sewing weekend. We didn't have lectures or anything, but we sure got a lot accomplished. Last year when the same group did the retreat there, they got to go to the Omnigrid factory and see how the rules are made. I wish I had been able to be there for that one.

If you get a chance, go to one. Or even if you have a group of friends that sew, organize your own. I did that one time. I used some of our timeshare time at a vacation resort, got a three bedroom unit, invited 5 other gals and we all took our sewing machines and had a great time.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JanetM
We would never hit you Marsye :cry:
Now that you know what a quilting retreat is..we should all gather at your's or Eddie's house, take a side trip to Marshalls, and sew up a storm :thumbup:
Well ok but I'm not a quilter, I just make applique blocks.....but I can make shrimp scampi, coffee and donuts for everyone. :wink: