Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PBS no quilting shows >

PBS no quilting shows

PBS no quilting shows

Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 AM

I thought I lost mine too but they moved them to 5:30 and 6:00 am (i guess they think quilters are early morning tv watchers...you can go to:

http://www.pbs.org/tv_schedules/

and see if maybe they moved yours.
I watch a lot of free videos here: Nancy Zieman of PBS has some here.

http://www.quilterstv.com/channel/video/1272?item=2
Old 09-15-2011, 04:39 AM

The Create Channel is owned by Vermont Public Television and they do make their channel available to all cable providers. The good thing about their programming is each quilting program is available at 6a, noon, 6p, and midnight, so there's a good chance you can catch it. Perhaps with encouragement your provider will carry Create...just keep asking. Create currently has Martha's Sewing Room, Fons & Porter and Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel. My cable provider also carries VT and NH public TV stations so I get Sewing with Nancy and America Sews as well. Last year Create was only showing Sewing with Nancy, which I also get on NHPT), so I'd like to think my repeated requests prompted them to offer other quilt programs.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 AM

Here in Missouri on channel 9.4 Fons & Porter are on Tuesday and Thursday. Three times a day
5:00 am
11:30
5:00 pm
Old 09-15-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Each PBS station pays for and schedules their own programming. They're not like CBS or NBC where every station shows the same programming. Contact your local station and request the programming you want to see and support the programming you want to see with a donation.
Been there and tried that but nothing worked even though I'm a member of PBS. I miss my Fons and Porter and wish I could get the Create channel but it's not offered by DirectTv.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 AM

In my area there are only a few shows. I just went to the PBS web site and left a comment. If you want to make a Comment to PBS,
goto their site, www.pbs.org,
goto comments and
at the bottom you will find feedback,
click on it and leave your message.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 AM

I still get Fons & Porter on PBS here in Ontario on Wednesdays. That's usually the only quilting show I get. Sometimes Sewing with Nancy had some quilting episodes on it, but other than that that is all I get.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 AM

I have Charter Cable in Georgia. I did find two PBS stations - one in Athens and one in Atlanta"Sewing with Nancy" on PBS30 on channel 9. Comes on every Saturday at 6:00 or 6:30 am. I have a DVR and will record it so I can watch it at a more reasonable time. Also, I joined a Quilting web site (actually it's some kind of quilt web TV) where you can watch anytime - ton's of quilt shows. Was reasonably priced and had other bonuses. I love this!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

no Fons & Porter here on the western slope of CO, but there is still Sewing with Nancy .. No Martha Pullen either on the PBS station
Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 AM

I have 2 suggestions. If you have cable or sat. Use the search on your tv and enter "sewing". That will bring up most of the shows: Pullen, SWN, but mine doesn't list Fons & Porter unless I enter "Fons" for some reason. The other option is Wpt.org search "Nancy" for SWN on your computer. You can view the last two years of Sewing w/Nancy FULL episodes free :). You can view all the titles and choose. It's not tv but it's not bad.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Here in Rochester, NY, the PBS local station won't even give you the time of day if you call or write to them. They just say it's not their decision, it is the decision of the "head PBS" station, whoever that is. Very disappointing customer service. Create TV is even worse. You NEVER get a response from them.

My husand went to the library and got me all the Fons and Porter and Simply Quilt programs on DVD. Call around!!